It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

Kyraax HB User
i weigh 295 and i cannot seem to get motivation..

I started getting chunky when I was about 8 years old. By the time I was 15 I weighed 250 by the time I was 17 I was about 280 and i am 20 and I weigh about 295 I don't know how much I weigh honestly. I have tried motivating myself over and over again it is not working. I tell myself that if I lose it I'd be able to be picked up by my fiance or other things or things like I want to be thin when I get married and just a lot of things to make me motivated only worked for a short period of time. I need a list of other motivations I can try. I have a Kinect about 3-4 workout DVDs I have smaller pants that were given to me I don't know what to do I am young I should not be this big. Also I was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease. (Acid reflux disease) gastro-stomach esophageal wel you get it. Everytime I drink cold water or everytime I eat something with acid in it I do not want to do anything I'm hot I don't feel good. I am taking tums with it it helps a little bit but when I feel good I don't want to do anything.. it really sucks .... I need help. Thank you.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
(female)

Beehappee HB User
Re: i weigh 295 and i cannot seem to get motivation..

I feel the same as you. I get motivated for a few days, and then, it just doesn't seem to matter anymore. It's so important to be a decent weight! Why do you suppose we can seem to decide it's not important and go back to our old ways of eating...which added so much weight to begin with?! I seem to justify it in my mind. every time. It makes life so miserable. It's difficult to want to do anything else. I stay home alot. Have you had any luck since you wrote this post?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Motivation is well worth working toward for various reasons.

1. diabetes
2. heart attack
3. hypertension
To name a few.

The thyroid plays a big part in how well our body handles the foods we eat.
Portion control and what we eat makes a difference too.
Snacking can keep our pancreas producing insulin which can result in too much insulin in the blood.
Insulin tells the body to store fat.
Exercise is very important for overall health and losing weight.
The older you are the harder it is to lose weight.

I have been diabetic for 13 years and control via diet and exercise, no medications. I am holding my own so far with A1c (3 month glucose average) still in the non-diabetic range.

I had to make up my mind to get on the band wagon and control via diet/exercise. By putting an "invisible zipper in closed position over my mouth at all times other than 3 meals a day was my way of controlling food intake. I love food, love all the no-no foods. I also learned to ignore others indulging in foods I should not have. Yes, I feel like I am on my second train car load of lettuce since that was my filling up food. It is the salad dressing that does the damage, not the lettuce. Lots of ice water too, keeps the hunger at bay. weighing and measuring food is the only way to be sure portions are normal. When we are hungry a normal portion sure looks like a dinky amount of food on the plate!

The only way I could succeed doing the above was to do it for "myself" and not for others or things.

I will be rooting for you in the process of getting motivated for yourself and your dreams will come true.

The Following User Says Thank You to Misty800 For This Useful Post:
Beehappee (04-29-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

Terra835 HB User

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started my weight loss journey in May of this year and I lost 11 pounds but now Im 300 pounds so I gained the 11 pounds back and then some so I started working out and cutting back on my eating again, Maybe we can motivate each other to loose weight Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
(female)

vegea HB User
Talking Re: i weigh 295 and i cannot seem to get motivation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyraax View Post
I started getting chunky when I was about 8 years old. By the time I was 15 I weighed 250 by the time I was 17 I was about 280 and i am 20 and I weigh about 295 I don't know how much I weigh honestly. I have tried motivating myself over and over again it is not working. I tell myself that if I lose it I'd be able to be picked up by my fiance or other things or things like I want to be thin when I get married and just a lot of things to make me motivated only worked for a short period of time. I need a list of other motivations I can try. I have a Kinect about 3-4 workout DVDs I have smaller pants that were given to me I don't know what to do I am young I should not be this big. Also I was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease. (Acid reflux disease) gastro-stomach esophageal wel you get it. Everytime I drink cold water or everytime I eat something with acid in it I do not want to do anything I'm hot I don't feel good. I am taking tums with it it helps a little bit but when I feel good I don't want to do anything.. it really sucks .... I need help. Thank you.
I used to be midly obese. I lost all my weight 13 years ago after having so many medical problems: bad knees, heart palpitations, edema, liver problems, high cholesterol, depression, you name it!

I found out I had to avoid gluten and my doctor wanted me on a low glycemic index diet...so I basically had veggies, meat, eggs, string cheese and nuts. little fruit. I tried to eat beans with each meal. It took me 6 months to lose all of my weight. I have kept it off for 13 years. I wear a size 4-6 pant.

I never look back and never want to go back. I got my life, my looks and my health back...and there is nothing that could not motivate me to stay on course.

There is no time like now. Why don't you make two columns. One with all of the positives with weight loss and one with all of the negatives. Don't forgot some negatives most people don't think about are that with our changing health care, the cost for obesity can be very expensive for all because our bodies weaken much quicker (in many cases not all) then one who is healthy.

It's can also be harder to find a good job being obese...sad but true!

There really aren't too many positives to being obese other than eating something that you really crave and love the taste of.

You can do it...I know you can!!!

Plan a date. Throw out all junk when you are ready. Set your mind to it. Go shopping and stay out of the middle. Shop around the edges and avoid the 5 whites: white sugar, white salt, white potatoes, white rice and white salt. Just start with that.

If that's too hard, just start your first week just avoiding adding salt to your food. The next week add not having any white potatoes for the week. The next week add not having any white rice for the week and so on until you have avoided the 5 whites.

If you stick to it, you will be so much happier!!!

I wish you the best

Last edited by vegea; 11-26-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Reply Reply