It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 12:32 AM   #1

kalebnzekesmum HB User
Cool new here.

hi, i'm new.
i have ocd, borderline personality disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.
ocd is a major issue for me and is starting to cause problems in my relationship with my soon-to-be hubby.
my obsession lately of choice seems to be clorox, or anything with bleach in it. i have to have it. i have to buy it. i need it. i have about 8 bottles of bleach and probably somewhere around 50 gallons of laundry detergent in our utility room. i'm worried i'll run out. and i obsessively clean everything with bleach, or i fear contamination. i even wash my dishes in antibacterial soap + bleach. it's causing problems mainly because i keep buying it and i spend most of my money on it.
i do everything in multiples of 3.
i have ritualized bathing/grooming habits. my socks have to be the same length all the time or i feel funny.
i eat small candies/food in even numbers. i also obsessively check spelling on almost everything.
things have to be organized and put in a certain place. i have also been known to have displaced anger at awkward times, and just blurt things out.
i have irrational fears.
i check and re-check my doors to make sure they're locked. and repeatidly turn lights on and off until i'm satisfied.
i have to write letters/envelopes/papers over and over until they're 'perfect'.
i fear serious illness. and i always think i have symptoms of something and take preventative measures to prevent any oncoming sickness.
i secretly count ceiling/floor tiles in my head.
i collect 'useless' things...
i'm worried worried worried sick my baby will get sids. and i'm nervous all the time about my kids' well-being. i'm always checking to see if they're breathing, and i'm always rubbing their hands down with germ-x.
that's pretty much it that i can think of right now mainly because my kids are screaming and i can't concentrate... :P

Last edited by kalebnzekesmum; 04-08-2004 at 01:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 06:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Re: new here.

Although I don't have the same symptoms, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Are you in therapy and/or on medication?

On a side note, what is borderline personality disorder?

Closed Thread