It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Inactive

ontheway HB User
Scrupulosity OCD

Does anyone have this real bad ? It's about the religious part of OCD meaning extreme religious thoughts intrusive i have that the worst of all the OCD symptoms i have I have been thru so much with this it makes it hard to have a good relationship with God because im always worried and scared i deal with the good & bad inside my mind and its always a battle to overcome this
I didnt know it had a name but they call when you get alot of religious thoughts from OCD Scrupulosity, I go to to a therapist and I'm on medication which that helps some but the intrusive thoughts are still there very tuff dealing with this its not fun at all i must say a prayer like 50 times a day ( not really shure how many times i pray lol just an example lol )and then even thenw hen i pray i still can not get peace in my prayer because i have another bad intrusive thought try and mess that up for me and then i have to repray again and then i see bad images and i have to repray again its very tiring to have to do this all the time it makes praying a chore for me and thats not the way it is suppose to be I can't watch anything that has bad things dealing with Evil in it because it mess with my head extremely bad .. thanks to anyone who reads this God bless yall (( hugs ))

Last edited by ontheway; 05-25-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
(female)

Megan H HB User
Re: Scrupulosity OCD

I actually dealt with this quite a bit when I was a teenager. I would try to pray, but images would pop into my mind and I felt like it "dirtied" my prayer. I used to worry about the side of me that was "bad" or "evil" I didn't know that I had OCD at the time and it really tested my faith and made it hard for me to concentrate on a relationship with God. But, I no longer have this problem, so it will most likely go away for you too. Now, I just worry about all kinds of other things. But I'm so happy that I have my faith, because I'm not sure I could get through this without it. things will get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 09:10 AM   #3

Jenneh HB User

heya, wen i was about 11 years old, i had smthing very similar to you. i would be prying a hell of a lot of times in a day. but, for some reason, it just faded. back then, i didnt kow there was even such THING as OCD, so this may have caused me to juts forget about it.

however, it has kinda come back. in the way i have a religious phrase i have to say over and over and over in my head when i get anxious. it does kinda bother me, but its not as bad as some OCD types. but, because of this and evrything else iv been thru, i totally lost my faith. and now, im tryin to live without it, even with repeating this stupid religious phrase over nd over.

the fact ur in therapy is a very very good thing. just sick with it eh? and tke comfort in knowing ur not the only one.

Jen xxxxxxxxx

Old 05-26-2004, 01:06 PM   #4
Inactive

ontheway HB User

Thank Ya'll from responding to me

I have been dleaing with this for a very long time now when i was younger I had a little bit of it but not that much when OCD started getting bad on me and things where happening in my life very stressful then the bad images started to pop into my mind and then came the religious thoughts I knew there was a God before but never had a relationship with him and then with these bad images that no one can make stop I just started talking to God if im not mistaken and it had made my relationship with God so hard i have been thru my own personal hell dealing with this I dont know when it will stop its like a bad thought is there for a a long time then it goes away and then it is replaced with another bad thought and i deal with that for how ever long its never ending i do have to say im alot better then i use to be thats for sure but i still waiit for the day freedom from this will be here. It makes my life so hard to live and its extremely frustrating because I can;t let go of my faith in God thats very important to me to be at peace with God and it would help if i could say ok this is OCD and let the thoughts go but my problem is i start to think " what if " there was a point in my life this was so bad that i didnt want to be here i was so cared out of my mind that is a very very horrible feeling to be scared and of what ? i was just scared evil was going to get me and i felt i had to protect myself with prayer and i still feel that way its very exhausting I would like to be able to pray in peace but i get these bad images in my mind i have to start all over again and then i try and pray while im praying i get another intrusive thought that is agaisnt God and then i have to re pray its a chore for me to pray now and im ratter sick of going thru this I really really hope that this will fadeI use to have th germ phobia so bad but it kinda faded my main problem is the religious thoughts they bother me the worst I'm glad yalls went away I'm in therapry but i only get to see her once a month and i dont do what im told when i should I just am scared sometimes and just want to move on with my life and be free thanks again yall God blless yall always

Last edited by ontheway; 05-26-2004 at 01:08 PM.

Closed Thread