It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #1

drsonic HB User
read about my OCD

hi i have OCD, and it's kind of annoying.. duh.

if anyone has any of these 'habbits' feel free to comment, maybe it'll make us feel better.

1) i don't like coming really close to something without actually touching it. ie, putting my finger 1 millimetre away from a wall without touching it annoys me!! i also don't like it when other objects are really close to something but not actually touching it. so i usually move them so they're touching, or move them apart.

2) i hate when things are perfectly lined. ie, right now my keyboard is slightly slanted, as is my mouse and papers on this desk.

3) i occassionally blink to "even out the amount of blinks." ie, if i blink, it might feel like one eye didn't blink good enough, so i'd blink that eye twice, then the other eye once to even it out, or something.

4) i think i'm paranoid of there being a fire, so i tend to do things like make sure the oven is off, lights are fully turned off (i hate when a light switch dangles half way!!), plugs are fully plugged in (i hate when plugs are not fully plugged in, even by 1 millimetre!!). if i'm in someone else's house that i don't care about, i tend to not care about these types of things.

5) i'm a sucker for turning off light switches. especially when i go to bed at night. i'll press it off, then if it "didn't feel right" i'll quickly wipe my finger off on my shirt to "clean my finger?" then push down on the light again (even if it's already off). i'll probably do that 2 times, or 5 depending on how the push on the light went.

that's all i can think of right now. enjoy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: read about my OCD

Hi
many peoples OCD habits are much worse than yours

Old 07-07-2004, 02:10 PM   #3
(male)

burg HB User

Hi there, I'm sorry that the previous poster posted something not very nice. Some of the stuff you talk abotu sounds like "issues" with symmetry, common in OCD. I've had a couple of these myself (i.e drives me nuts when the light switch isn't off "all the way"). Nothing to worry, just some fun old OCD ticks.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:38 PM   #4

furnivala HB User

I get those too.....

Towels have to be lined up perfectly straight, clothes need to be folded a certain way, pretty much folding things is what I get obsessed about.

But these are the least of my problems... I'm sorry to hear you have ocd too, join the group!

Old 07-08-2004, 07:11 AM   #5
(female)

daftthing HB User

Everyones symptoms are different, ignore the first reply - I don't know how anyone can compare different habits when they have never experienced your ocd.

Take care.

Closed Thread