It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
Inactive

xMosquitox HB User
desired thoughts and unwanted thoughts

how do u know if wat ur thinking are unwanted thoughts. We all know wat desired thoughts are. But when u have OCD, is it true dat when u think about ur desired thoughts .. the thoughts seem to be stopped by sumthing? and then u think "oh wat ur thinking are no longer desired, and wat u want to do is this [insert ur wanted thoughts]"

1. Unwanted thoughts, is it when sumthing urge u to think about, and if u dont think about it, u feel uncomfortable?
2. Or out of nowhere, the thoughts just pop up and u go "ew .. why did i think dat?" and then try to forget about it but cant.

I dont know if u guys have the same problem
but i usually have desired thoughts first .. and then the unwanted thoughts come into my head to this disturb wat i'm thinking. Sometimes, i have the unwanted thoughts first, and then i have to say "stop" and think of something desired to calm myself (the thoughts r desired ..but they dont make me feel as pleasure as i used to do when i think of them)

Last edited by xMosquitox; 07-05-2004 at 04:29 PM.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:22 AM   #2

Calv1502004 HB User
Re: WAts the difference between desired thoughts and unwanted thoughts?

An unwanted thought in the ocd sense is any thought which you think about which you'd rather not think about and causes anxiety but is not just a normal everyday worry, in other words it needs to be irrational (worrying about money if your $100,000 in debt would be normal, worrying about money if you were comfortably off wouldn't be!) Im not sure if that helps, hope it does!

Calv

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
Inactive

xMosquitox HB User

does the thought have to give u the feeling of butterfly in the stomach in order to be unwanted thought?

i used to have the feeling of butterfly in the stomach when my unwanted thoughts pop up. But these days, i dont have that feeling anymore, though i still yell out (not out loud) "stop it" or "shut up" ..

Old 07-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #4
(male)

burg HB User

Removed due to personal reasons, do not wish to have post here

Last edited by burg; 10-30-2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Removed due to personal reasons, do not wish to have post here

Old 07-06-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
Inactive

xMosquitox HB User

my problem right now is that few weeks ago, i have this unwanted thought and when this thought went into my mind, i feel really scared and have butterflies in my stomach. But now, the same thought, it caused anxiety and fear also but not as strong as before. Like i said, i still try to get rid of it, but .. why is dat? is it becuz the unwanted thought have been there so long and now it eventually go away or becuz i'm accepting them. I mean, when the i have these unwanted thoughts, I'm tired of getting rid of it (i've been fighting w/ them for more than a month already). I just go "yea yea watever ... ", then the thoughts go away ..but not completely.
Is it better to accept the thoughts, like dont get too upset, try to calm yourself and then think about something else, or try hard to get rid of the thought like hit ur hand to the wall, slam the book, start to swear?. I mean.. i've been tired of fighting the thoughts, somehow i accept the thoughts and then it go away, but does dat means the thoughts r true?
Some how when i have this ocd, my desired thoughts dat i used to have sometimes seem boring to me, sometime they make me really happy .. is dat normal?

Last edited by xMosquitox; 07-06-2004 at 07:29 PM.

Old 07-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #6
Inactive

xMosquitox HB User

I think my current unwanted thought is that "u feel pleasure when u think about ur unwanted thoughts" --> is dat possible? ..

Closed Thread