It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 05:35 AM   #1
Inactive

Ric9 HB User
Trapped

I don't know what to do. I want to improve my life but I always feel like it has to be at the beginning of every month. That plan has never worked though. Now I'm coming up with reasons for why it can't even be at the beginning of certain months. I'm afraid I'll feel awkward and it will always be haunting me. I want to start as soon as possible but it's just so much easy to sit around and do nothing. I can't get motivated to do what I know I should do so I just come up with excuses to do nothing. It's been this way for years and I'm afraid it will never end. Any advice please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

daftthing HB User
Re: Trapped

Sorry, but I don't know if I am the right person to give you advice on this one, since I am in a very similar situation at the moment. I guess I just wanted to join you in asking - any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #3
(female)

StaceyLee HB User

I don't have any advise either, sorry. I am the same way though. I want to make all these improvements in my life and what not, but I always gotta wait till the beginning of the week or the beginning of the month and if I miss that chance or mess up along the way, I gotta start all the way over from my process, and again wait till the beginning of the week or month to start all over.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:28 AM   #4
Inactive

Frank168 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick999
I don't know what to do. I want to improve my life but I always feel like it has to be at the beginning of every month. That plan has never worked though. Now I'm coming up with reasons for why it can't even be at the beginning of certain months. I'm afraid I'll feel awkward and it will always be haunting me. I want to start as soon as possible but it's just so much easy to sit around and do nothing. I can't get motivated to do what I know I should do so I just come up with excuses to do nothing. It's been this way for years and I'm afraid it will never end. Any advice please?

I know what you're going through, all I can tell you is to start off small. Take something routine and just do it a little differently. Change one tiny tiny thing like the order you fix your hair/brush your teeth in the morning or what order you put on your clothes, changing the dominant hand you use to steer your car, when you take your lunch breaks etc... Once you discover that you CAN make these small changes you can start making other changes. Changes lead to more changes and before you know it you would have changed alot about yourself because you would have shown yourself that it's not impossible. Just start slowly with baby steps and gradually change a few small things and lead up to the bigger ones. Remember to take it gentle on yourself and not beat yourself up. Habits are formed after a long period of time and will take more time to change and adopt new habits. If you decide on changing yourself dramatically and quickly you'll find yourself failing most likely thus making you more discouraged to try it again later. Kinda like quiting a long addiction cold turkey. For some people it works but for most not a good idea. Good luck.

Frank

Closed Thread