It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #1

SisterSnow HB User
Question Luvox

Hi! I'm a first time poster, but I've been suffering from OCD since toddlerhood. I was diagnosed at around age 12 and put on medicine, but I have had a hard time staying on it. This time, however, I plan on continuing the medicine. I've been on it for two months. Anyway, I'm curious as to how much the normal dosage for Luvox is. I'm currently on 200mg a day. My doctor was talking about possibly upping the dosage, but I don't know if I can handle it. Also, have any of you had problems with sleep and eating? It's weird for me because I'll go a week or two without any appetite and no sleeping and another week or two with sleeping all the time and constantly craving food. Has anyone else experienced that?

Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

bm28 HB User
Re: Luvox

Hi! I also have been on Luvox now for about two months. The appetite thing and the sleeping thing have also been my two side affects. I have not gotten a full night's sleep in two weeks. For the first few weeks I didn't have any trouble sleeping and I took it at night. All of a sudden I haven't been able to sleep no matter how tired I am! I've tried taking half at night and half in the morning and that didn't help me sleep and then I tried taking it in the morning and that didn't help either. Today I tried taking it at lunchtime so hopefully tonight I'll be able to sleep! That's the worst feeling just laying in bed dead tired and not being able to fall asleep! Right now I take 100 mg and I go to the Dr. next week so I'm not sure if he'll increase it. I think I'm on a pretty low dose and it helps me with the thoughts but not with the depresstion. I didn't know if I was the only one having trouble sleeping. Also, the appetite thing. It's really weird because I don't have any cravings most of the time but once I start eating something then I feel hungry but not until I actually start to eat. Anyways, you're not the only one. Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread