It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 09:51 AM   #1

lancethechip HB User
Constant fear of being dumped/cheated on

Now I know this is all OCD. I know without a doubt.

I've been dating this girl for about 2.5 months now and everything has been great. There were 2 times where I've felt uncomfortable, thinking she was acting rude and maybe I got a little jealous.

That set my mind off and I was getting sick over the fact that I thought she was cheating on me with one of my friends because they had been talking. I mean, she really gave no sign of this behaviour.

But I was mentally screwed and worried as hell for about a week. No wonder I feel like I'm getting ulcers.

Thing is I felt the same exact way about cancer, aids, thinking I was gay, and thinking I was a schizoid. All of these things flooded my mind with absurd, irrational thoughts that have weighed me down and destroyed relationships.

Now I play out scenario after scenario of her doing things behind my back and the thoughts just go on and go on. Of course, I do feel my past creeping back on me like poison ivy.

I can see how OCD ruins relationships. I'm doing my best to take steps back and keep my mouth shut. But any advice is appreciated.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User
Re: Constant fear of being dumped/cheated on

I can relate to you about having this fear of being dumped/cheated on. I have been dating a wonderful guy for 4 years now and sometimes I still get these thoughts.

In the beginning of our relationship I was pessimistic. I wasn't expecting anything good to happen to me because I always thought he would find someone better. I've had moments of jealousy for years. Even now I have this fear or "Is he going to break up with me?", "What will I do after all this time?", "Is he cheating on me with someone at work?" but I've managed to keep my thoughts to myself because he'd get upset at the wrongful accusations. I know it's hard to supress your constand questioning and your constant fear or cheating or being dumped but it's for the best of the relationship. I think and hope that with time I will be able to come to the realization that he wouldn't hurt me or break up with me. Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread