It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #1

shye&curious HB User
Question Does anyone feel the way that i do?

hi... i'm 20... i've got ocd... and depression, i'm sure... my obsessive thoughts and depressed feelings are all because of this:
i have SUCH a good life right now, amazing family/friends/boyfriend... in school and everything... no one related to me has ever died so i've never experienced that sort of pain... my depression and obs. thoughts are this: i feel like, what is the point of living when one day someone close to me is going to die and that will just ruin my life... what is the point of working my butt off at school because when someone i love dies, i'm not going to function anymore... basically, what's the point of living when i could die tomorrow or someone else could... i don't think that i could handle a death, i wouldn't want to go on...

does anyone else feel this way? if so, what do you do about it? whenever i am alone by myself, i just want to sleep so that i'm not thinking about all this negative stuff... i'm pretty happy when i'm with people because i'm not thinking about it... but it's when i'm alone that the thoughts just don't stop...

thanks for reading... just want to know if i'm the only one who thinks this way... thanks...

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Hi - Does Anyone Here Have These Symptoms? Mia J Chronic Fatigue 23 04-20-2011 08:59 PM
Does anyone have these symptoms? Lizzy73 Lupus 13 10-20-2008 07:16 AM
Does ANYONE else feel *this* way? (Open Discussion Thread) lollypopguild Depression 0 08-30-2007 11:13 PM
Does anyone feel like thier doctor does not care? sweptaway76 Panic Disorders 2 06-01-2007 11:55 AM
Does anyone have advice? On 12-15 Norco a day and would like to decrease. Swany Pain Management 28 01-17-2007 08:23 PM