It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 07:59 AM   #1
(male)

chad1313 HB User
ON Zoloft

just got back from the doctor and i am on 25mg of zoloft for now because i got ocd. But does any one else here take zoloft?

Old 07-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
Inactive

ontheway HB User
Re: ON Zoloft

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1313
just got back from the doctor and i am on 25mg of zoloft for now because i got ocd. But does any one else here take zoloft?

I take zoloft I take a 100mg but 3 times day so i really take 300mg
I hope it helps you to feel better take care God bless always

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

i have taken zoloft in the past and it worked awesome for me!!! only side effect i got was being tired and clenching my jaw, good luck!!

Old 07-16-2004, 04:06 PM   #4
(male)

chad1313 HB User

ok thanks for the replies

Old 07-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #5
(female)

simplyj HB User

I've been on Zoloft for over 1 year. The good news is it has significantly reduced my obsessions. The bad news is... I've put on ALOT of weight due to the meds and I also experience jawclenching. I'm seeing my Doc next week to see if he can switch me to something that will not have the same side effect of putting on weight. Please know that not all people experience the same side effects so allow the med to help you however, also know that if you don;t see improvement within the time that your doctor has said you should, don't be afraid to try a different one. They definitely help. Best of luck.

J.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #6

Jennifer272 HB User

Zoloft has definately helped me alot. It does take time to work though. I would suggest that if you are just starting meds that you ask your doctor for a med for anxiety untill the zoloft sets in. I was once on luvox and that seemed to work more quickly but I was so tired all I did was sleep, I went to school for 8 hours and the rest of the time I was in bed. I hear this is a common side effect with luvox but it may effect each person differently. I have asked about being on luvox and my doctor does not recomend it for me because he knows that I am concerned with weight gain. On the whole zoloft seems to be less likely to make you gain weight. I once read that if you eat when you are depressed like I do that you will loose weight, and if you don't eat when you are depressed you will gain weight on the meds when you start feeling better and eating again. I have lost 10 pounds on zoloft and have read that some people have to stop taking it because they loose too much weight. Basically these meds effect everyone differently. It took me 12 weeks to feel really good on zoloft. At six weeks I noticed improvement but at twelve I was alot better. Now my doctor has added clonazepam for anxiety and despite the fact that me and my boyfriend of1 and a half years just broke up and I just got a job promotion to sales manager which is way more stressful than my last job I am actually feeling great! I definately recommend asking you doc to combine ssris with anxiety meds. It helped me so much within the first week of adding the extra meds.

Old 07-19-2004, 05:22 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

I have been on Zoloft now for almost 1 year. They started me out on 25mg, and worked there way up. I take 200 mg a day, and am feeling fine! I have not had any side effects, and am mostly in control of my obsessions. I go for therpy once a week.
Good Luck to you!
~M~

Closed Thread