It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #1

chillchris HB User
I hate to admit this but...

I am really scared to go to my first CBT session. I do not want them to think I am a bad person or that I am a threat to anyone because I am not. Those that have gone what is it like? Should I be scared at all? My ocd is mainly anxiety with rare obsessional thoughts. My Pyschatrist told me not to take my ativan before I go because then the session is wasted. I just need some reassurance. Thanks

Old 07-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #2
Inactive

ontheway HB User
Re: I hate to admit this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillchris
I am really scared to go to my first CBT session. I do not want them to think I am a bad person or that I am a threat to anyone because I am not. Those that have gone what is it like? Should I be scared at all? My ocd is mainly anxiety with rare obsessional thoughts. My Pyschatrist told me not to take my ativan before I go because then the session is wasted. I just need some reassurance. Thanks
Hey ChillChris

Don't be scared, therapist hear things like this all the time, they train in this to help us and understand us. You are noot a threat and they will know that they will know its ur OCD take deep breaths and say this is going to be good for me a step to beating this problem not anything to worry about with them they are there to hear these things from us and help us deal with them I hope you have a good session God bless u always

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 01:27 PM   #3

chillchris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway
Hey ChillChris

Don't be scared, therapist hear things like this all the time, they train in this to help us and understand us. You are noot a threat and they will know that they will know its ur OCD take deep breaths and say this is going to be good for me a step to beating this problem not anything to worry about with them they are there to hear these things from us and help us deal with them I hope you have a good session God bless u always
Thank you for your reply, I know I shouldn't be scared but I am a worry wort obviously (duh the OCD) I just need to be more confident and take it step by step. Thanks Again

Old 07-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #4
Inactive

ontheway HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillchris
Thank you for your reply, I know I shouldn't be scared but I am a worry wort obviously (duh the OCD) I just need to be more confident and take it step by step. Thanks Again

Hey there, I totally understand about the worrying it comes with OCD it is OCD.. but like you said step by step it will be ok, it will be good for you to do the therapy its a great step God bless ya always

Old 07-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
Inactive

Smudger HB User

Hi CC!

Exactly what ontheway said mate-I know your first CBT is scary, but nothing bad will come of it-quite the opposite in fact.

You take care, and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Much love

S

Old 07-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #6

Healthnut25 HB User

What is this test yall are talking about?

Old 07-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #7

chillchris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger
Hi CC!

Exactly what ontheway said mate-I know your first CBT is scary, but nothing bad will come of it-quite the opposite in fact.

You take care, and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Much love

S
I will and thanks for the support. I trust you guys and I appreciate all the help. I feel more confident. Thanks

Old 07-20-2004, 12:10 PM   #8

chillchris HB User

I am thankful for everyones support my first session went great and my theripist is really nice. I am very glad I went. I think this is a great first step in changing my thought process. Take Care

Closed Thread