It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 04:00 PM   #1

ASHEA HB User
Question Please Help Me Someone???

Hello... i wonder if anyone in here can help me im 22,and a mum of two.i see psychiatrist who is convinced i have severe anxiety and severe depression,,,,
I am not sure,i feel like i am going to die all the time,if i have a head ache i have a tumour,if i have a belly ache i have stomach cancer i drive myself mad,,sometimes i dont sleep cos i read somewhere your more likely too die beetween 2 and 6 in the morning.If i read about something i have it..i cant go out in the car without thinking we will crash...why cant i stop these thoughts as i sit here i feel dizzy so im worrying im going to have a brain heamorrage,,,,my family think i do it for attention,but i dont i cant help thinking like this,,if someone can explain it to me i would be very grateful,i am also taking citrlopram,for the so called depression and anxiety..but the side effects are worry me.i now there normal but just wat if its damaging me,thanks for listening.... Joanne

Last edited by ASHEA; 07-17-2004 at 08:22 AM.

Old 07-18-2004, 06:27 AM   #2

crazykatlady HB User
Re: Why Do I Feel Like This,plz Help...

Hi

I'm sorry you feel so bad! It does sound like your Dr. may be correct. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful. Try reading some of the other posts on here, and keep posting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2004, 07:02 AM   #3

Calv1502004 HB User

What you suggest is quite a common OCD symptom. Have you thought about mentioning to your doctor about the possibility that it could be OCD related? The treatments and medication for OCD and anxiety are different despite the fact that with OCD anxiety is one of the symptoms. Remember, many doctors and psychiatrists etc are not OCD trained and do not look on it as what may be causing it. It sounds like POSSIBLY you have OCD and the anxiety is being treated by the OCD thoughts are not. Do not feel bad about seeing another doctor or psychiatrist if you feel you are not getting the appropriate treatment or for a second opinion.

Calv

Old 07-18-2004, 01:48 PM   #4

Jennifer272 HB User

Hi, I also agree that it sounds like you have ocd. I am sure you have hAd the same thought since you have come to this sight. The medicine you are on now will help with your anxiety but it doesn't help with raising seritonin from what I understand. WHEN YOU HAVE REPETATIVE THOUGHTS THAT CONSUME YOUR DAY LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN ( sorry caps lock) having, it usually means that your seritonin is low. For now I would stay away from caffiene, alcohol and and drugs because these all effect seritonin. Exersize also helps. I know it is hard to get the energy to exersize when you are exausted from all of these thoughts. I am no doctor but untill you get to see a psychiatrist the are herbs at vitamin stores that can help with ocd and depression. St. Johns Wart helped me alot and there is another one htp5 or something like that that I have heard some people like better than ocd perscription meds. Both of the herbs I have mentions do lower the effectiveness of birth control pills to anyone who reads this, so use backup. I also would call your current doctor and make sure that it is okay to use these supplements with you current medication. I also would make an appointment with a psychiatrist. Call around because some are more willing to fit you in sooner than others. Some won't set you an appointment for a month others will gwet you in within the week. I hope this helps you, keep in touch!

Closed Thread