It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 05:05 AM   #1

ASHEA HB User
Exclamation What Is Wrong With Me??

Please could someone reply to me.this thing is driving me mad... i try to get rid of the thoughts but i cant.why do i feel like im going too die at the slightest pain or ache,am i a loony or is it an illness,my family are not supportive at all and seem to think i do it for attention ......but i dont i dont like feeling like this.how can i stop it..... im on meds but they just arent working,...Joanne

Old 07-17-2004, 05:08 AM   #2

Swalk HB User
Re: What Is Wrong With Me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHEA
Please could someone reply to me.this thing is driving me mad... i try to get rid of the thoughts but i cant.why do i feel like im going too die at the slightest pain or ache,am i a loony or is it an illness,my family are not supportive at all and seem to think i do it for attention ......but i dont i dont like feeling like this.how can i stop it..... im on meds but they just arent working,...Joanne

How long on meds? what kind? are you seeing a therapist?
TONS of people have what you have, I have a friend that if she stubs her toe she thinks she will die.... your not alone.
if your not seeing a therapist, see one.
how old are you?
This is a type of illness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2004, 05:25 AM   #3

ASHEA HB User

im 22 ive been on meds 5 days.so im normal then??

Old 07-17-2004, 07:55 AM   #4
(male)

jianlian HB User

what kind of meds are they?

Old 07-17-2004, 08:16 AM   #5

ASHEA HB User

Im on cipramil ?

Old 07-17-2004, 09:39 AM   #6

Calv1502004 HB User

Yes, you are normal, you have not been on the medication long enough to know if it will be effective yet, it can take up to 12 weeks for medication to begin helping and some medications do not work very well for some people. This DOES NOT mean your making it up in the slightest, its a fact that one medication may not work aswell for some people as another and vice versa, if you do not see any effects from your medication within 12 weeks then you should try changing to a different OCD medication. Try your hardest to get into therapy, that is the best form of treatment for OCD and you will really benefit! If your family aren't supportive, try finding some information on OCD and showing it to them if you haven't already. Or take them along to the doctors with you! OCD can be a crippling disorder and support can be very vital, so if you cannot get your family to understand try and find someone who will be able to! If you do not feel you have any friends etc that you feel comfortable talking to about this problem then these boards are always here with many people who understand what you are going through. Try to remember your not alone. God bless

Calv

Closed Thread