It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
Inactive

ontheway HB User
bad mood

I feel very down today and irritated, some of these old obsessive thoughts are trying to come back, I'm getting new compulsions, I feel like crying, this is so old and tiring for me to have to continue to struggle with OCD I've had this way to long and I'm ready for it to be over with im fed up with it. yet i still do the rituals It's hard not to do them because of the thoughts I get when I dont do them and anxiety.. I know this won't go away over night it takes time and work but im sick of the work because this is just too very hard makes everything so complicated I get scared for no reason really just thoughts or the feelings dang its like when do I get to feel good im not just talking about geeling ok but good is what I want to feel without a sense of oh im doing something wrong or something bad is going to happen or quick do your rituals i dont want to do them anymore nor deal with these thoughts anymore I knoow yall can relate to this.. I know I vent alot but this is so bad for me that it makes me feel like why do I have to go thru this ? and sometimes it makes me just not even like being on earth it steals my joy away and i have server bad religious thoughts and I love God but I think im upset with him at the same time because he is somewhere you can run to in times of troubles and my troubles are about good and bad and it hurts too much I dont know how to overcome this im really tired dont have the energy anymore for this and sometimes I think it could have been good if I was never born so I would feel no pain, no confusion, It would be just nothing I know thats the way im suppose to think but im just really down on life for the most part because everything I do just about everything OCD is there and its enough to drive me crazy thanks for listening, I want to see a new doc and maybe he can put me on medicationf or intrusive thoughts and that does not make me gain weight i had another problem because i use to be very thin and then i got on these medications and got so big and its taken a while to lose this weight i was depressed about myself when i was big its like ok here is meds for you to take to help you oops sorry it can make you very big and cause another type of depression for you...i know im just rumbling on thanks anyone that reads this God bless u always (( hugs 2 all ))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

percan HB User
Re: bad mood

Oh, I know how you feel. I think I'm going thru something very similar right now. I was doing a little better for awhile, then I got laid off from work and now I think I have too much time so the obsessions and compulsions are coming back big time. I just get so frustrated, but I know the more I give in the worse it's going to be. I could see that. I've been giving in and giving in and it's gotten worse instead of better, so I must try and not give in to the rituals! Reading posts here does help, because it reinforces the "oh it's just OCD talking." When I'm in the throes of some compulsion to ward off a bad thought I just get to thinking that it's really real, but then I read posts and it helps to know that others are going thru it and it's just the OCD.

Hope you feel better soon. Let's try and make a pact to not give in to our rituals for one day. Can we do that? I'm not sure, but I'm going to try.

Percan

Old 07-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Inactive

ontheway HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by percan
Oh, I know how you feel. I think I'm going thru something very similar right now. I was doing a little better for awhile, then I got laid off from work and now I think I have too much time so the obsessions and compulsions are coming back big time. I just get so frustrated, but I know the more I give in the worse it's going to be. I could see that. I've been giving in and giving in and it's gotten worse instead of better, so I must try and not give in to the rituals! Reading posts here does help, because it reinforces the "oh it's just OCD talking." When I'm in the throes of some compulsion to ward off a bad thought I just get to thinking that it's really real, but then I read posts and it helps to know that others are going thru it and it's just the OCD.

Hope you feel better soon. Let's try and make a pact to not give in to our rituals for one day. Can we do that? I'm not sure, but I'm going to try.

Percan
Percan

Thanks for replying to me, That sounds like a great Idea to make an pact to not give into our obsessions I really want to do that, I'm scared to though because sometimes I think the bad thoughts are real and have a hard time to rationalize it out..you are very kind to reply to me.. I will have to get my mind set to not giving into them I hope your having a blessed day take care God bless u always write me back please when u can thanks

Old 07-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #4

chillchris HB User

OntheWay, You sound like a great person. Just try to stay strong and you will get through this tough time just fine. I know it is easy to say and hard to do but you sound like you have the conviction to do such great things. Take care and be well.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:49 PM   #5
Inactive

ontheway HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillchris
OntheWay, You sound like a great person. Just try to stay strong and you will get through this tough time just fine. I know it is easy to say and hard to do but you sound like you have the conviction to do such great things. Take care and be well.

Hey ChillChris

Thanks so much for the compliments , I'm trying to hang in there , It's just so hard I hate feeling worried with OCD It's really a bad feeling and steals the joy away from my life, sometimes I'm ok and then sometimes a thought start and then all sudden all these other thoughts come and im not able to just let them go i do mental rituals such has praying i also do other compulsions like touching door nobs and the light switch.. but my biggest battle is the religious OCD thoughts and the images I call it when i get all these thoughts just come into my mind and dont stop at the time an OCD attack, I'm alot better then I use to be, but I still have a long way to go.. take care God bless u always

Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #6

sportsgrl HB User

Hi,
Have you tried reading anything by Dr. Wayne Dyer?? He writes a lot of spirituality books and has a few videos too. Occassionally you can catch him on PBS. He doesn't say anything about OCD, but talks about how our thoughts affect our moods and is very uplifting religiously. You might want to check for some of his stuff at the library or amazon.com. He has helped me a lot. I like to put his audio tapes on when I go to sleep at night. It is very relaxing. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread