It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

sweetangel1980 HB User
Unhappy Coming to terms.

Hello all, I hate to admit it but I have OCD. I recently began having intrusive thoughts that take up my day and make me feel miserable and they don't go away. It seems amazing to me that one thought can start a chain of events that lead to other thoughts, and it just gets bigger and bigger till you begin to obsess, and with me it's just about anything, I can't stand to hear my heart beat because I am afraid it is going to stop, so I shake my leg violently so I can pay attention to something else. All my life I can remember having some weird obbsession, there was a time when I thought that when my mom dropped me off at school she would never come back for me, so I would go to the nurses ofice and pretend to be sick so my mom would come pick me up. when I was about 13 I thought because I looked at a dirty magazine that I was a lesbian and being Catholic as well added to my guilt. Those are just few of my problems. My mother says that I overreact and that I do not have OCD. I belived her for a while, but as you know anyone who has it knows what it feels like to be trapped in your mind like a prison, trying to seperate the truth from the false, and at the same time waking up at 6 in the morning to try and live a normal life and work. And with me the second I flip my eyes open the thoughts come flooding back in. Sleep being the only escape at times. I took me a while to realize I have a problem, and it's a little easier when you realize you are not the only one, so with all of you I sympathize, my doctor put me on Zoloft I started today at 100mg's so we'll see, anyone else been treated by Zoloft for OCD? thank you all for listening and write back if you want, it is always nice to talk to people who understand you.

Amy

Mommy to a beautiful 5 year old girl.
Wife to my amazing husband of 5 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #2
(female)

simplyj HB User
Re: Coming to terms.

Hi Amy,

I am currently on Zoloft and have been since February 2003. It has been a huge help in getting my obsessions and anxiety under control. I am on 50mg and that seems to work fine. It took about 4 to 5 weeks for the meds to really take full affect so give it time to work for you. You may experience some side affects that your doctor should have advised you on but the side affects are mild for me compared to the agony that I was in with OCD. I have put on weight as a result of being on Zoloft but it's importatnt to know that not everyone experiences the same side affects, so stay positive and talk to your doctor if you have questions concerning dosage and/or side affects you might experience. The good news is that it definitely helps me and I hope it helps you too. Good luck and be well.

J.

Closed Thread