It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive

coxdj HB User
Talking Hello All~ I am New here!

Hello to everyone. My name is Debbie and I have OCD, and have had it for years. I really want some people to talk to, or just to share with, or just tell my story......! I dont even know where to begin with it, and in all honesty, I am a little afraid to put it right out there. I am not afraid to talk about it, because I have talked with alot of my friends and family about it, over the years. What I am afraid of really, is being 'shut down' possibly here~ and if that happened, I would feel like ...wow, where do I go now...? there is no place left to go. I was in the board/forum for 'Addiction & Recovery', and it just seemed like I was not really welcomed there. Anyway, before I make this too long, I just want to say, if anyone wants me to share my OCD story, I would love to talk about it. Consequently, I believe my drug addiction and OCD go almost directly hand in hand. And somewhere on here, I saw someone write ; something about "eating disorder" and OCD. I believe that those 2 are related to each other also. I believe alot of stuff stems from OCD. Any opinions?
Thanks everyone for reading this.

Debbie~

Old 07-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
Re: Hello All~ I am New here!

Drug addiction is often the result of an underlying OCD anxiety, because alcohol and drugs lessen the anxiety of OCD, at least thats the way it is in my family. So tell us your OCD problem and your symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #3

Calv1502004 HB User
Re: Hello All~ I am New here!

Id sincerely like to hear your OCD story, you can read mine on the gay ocd vs denial thread! Im sorry to hear about your problems on the other board, ive found these boards to be a very friendly community with some truly inspirational people on here! There seems to be people who are all at different stages with there OCD aswell, some who are relatively new, some who have suffered for years, some who are in therapy, some on meds, some on meds and in therapy and some who are not on any. I find it really useful t be able to come on here and get real honest help from people who are a lot more experienced than I am and also to get some guidance on techniques for coping with this disorder. These boards can be truly insprational. God bless

Calv

Closed Thread