It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

sanrun HB User
Question Making a loop tape for exposure

Has anyone here tried making a tape about their obsessions. Several of myself help books say to make a 45 minute taped script of your fears. You are supposed to listen to it until your anxiety drops and you become desensitized. It is used mainly for people with "Pure O". Harming fears, molesting, gay, God. Or any others that I missed!

I think I'm going to give it a shot. I have dealt with my stupid obessions for 4 years. I have improved with some techniques I learned in my books, but I'm not mentally where I want to be.

sanrun

Old 08-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #2

alex86 HB User
Re: Making a loop tape for exposure

I had the gay ocd and the exposure thing did work for me. I didnt do it with the tape though. Everytime I had those thoughts coming into my mind, I kept telling myself, yes, I am gay, God made me this way, and I can't help it. So i might as well get used to it, and cope with it, because I dont want to spend the rest of my life feeling miserable. So I kinda accepted that I was gay, and slowly, the anxiety decreased to the point where I was able to treat my problem more calmly. So as the anxiety went down, I stoppped worrying about the problem so much, because the gay problem became just another problem in my life. So I stopped paying attention to the gay thoughts involuntarely, and I slowly realized that I'm not gay, and I am convinced now that I am not gay. So I would say the road to conquering these fears is to be willing to the conquer them, and it takes a lot of will. accept that u are gay (although u're not), and expose urself to a gay "life". in the long run, u will realize that is not for u. (and this is not to offend any gay people, as I dont have anything against being gay, at least after what I went through)

Last edited by alex86; 08-17-2004 at 03:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread