It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

angerfillsme HB User
Do I have OCD??

Since I was a kid I knew I had a barrel of neurological problems but hardly any of them were officially diagnosed or treated. I'm currently being treated for ADD and now that the meds. I'm on is allowing me to focus more and notice what I do or don't do more, I'm seeing things more clearly. Some things that I suspected could be OCD related actually turned out to be more ADD related. However, even though I can sit for awhile and be attentive to doing a task I am aware that I still do things that I can't necessarily explain, which is why I came here.

Some of the things I do include:
twiddling or rubbing my thumb in a rythmic way against my fingers, I'll do this when I"m anxious, and I think other times but I"m not sure
slapping my hands on my legs, which by the way is always the same way and makes the same sound when I do it, I often do this when I'm happy or excited about something
When I am reading and I'm very focused I'll flip the corner edges of the book with my fingers

If anyone knows anything about this or do these things themselves let me know! Thanks

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
i have a few questions lexus3902 Acne 2 03-28-2003 08:38 AM
Those who have used Head and Shoulders- Testament Acne 9 03-25-2003 10:09 PM
We all have acne here-Do we all take Multivitamins? DeeDeeWith3 Acne 13 03-20-2003 06:37 AM
People who have used differin over a long period of time respond please. Redmark1 Acne 0 02-23-2003 06:15 AM
anyone else have this problem mommaoftwinsplus1 Acne 0 02-22-2003 01:01 AM