It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Not doing as well as I was...is anyone else like this???

for a fews days now ive been not well in my head-well not as bad as i was before i went on my meds. my obssessive thoughts had almost disapeared but i also noticed that during those good "brain" days things in my life were stressfull-not a bad stress but a normal daily stress. but now things are good with money life and stuff and i have very little stresses now i seem to have more room in my head to obssess about things i use to stress about. things that dont deserve a minutes thought but i cant stop. i know a lot of people can get like this. i always thought once my life was secure id be happy but i find now it is i cant enjoy it. to put it into terms it seems im waiting for something bad to happen to ruin it all and mentally i obssess about the things that could happen. for a while i was able to wake up in the morning smile stretch and enjoy life now i wake up groan and say what crappy thing is gonna happen to me today. i found myself feeling content before in my days now i find myself clenching my jaw...i wish i wasnt like this but im hoping its just a faze...

Old 08-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Not doing as well as I was...is anyone else like this???

recovery is often slow, try listening to relaxing music

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

simplyj HB User

I'm very familiar with the feeling of impending doom. It's hard to pinpoint but everyday stresses like job, money, relationships etc. cause stress which is terrible to a person with OCD, but when everything is going well, Idle thinking is also terrible for a person with OCD. My best advice is not to have idle time. If things are going well (and I hope they are) and you find that you are obsessing about what might happen try starting up and old hoppy or working out at the gym or just doing something that takes your mind off itself. Inactivity is an enemy to OCD. It gives too many opportunities for you to think of one thing after another to stress about. Now that my OCD seems semi-under control, I do some of the things I used to like to do before OCD took over my every thought. I write music, decorate my house watch favorite movies,shop etc. Do the things you like to do and take you mind off itself. I also give myself 15 minutes a night to obsess. Whatever pops into my head during the day, I tell myself that I will worry about it in the evening during my 15 minutes and I let it go until then. I was surprised at how well it works for me. Hope it does for you too.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
(female)

simplyj HB User

oops typo! The word was HOBBY not Hoppy

Old 08-16-2004, 09:29 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

lol i caught that about the hobby but ty anyways:P i love that 15 min thing about what you do at night!! that sounds like an awesome idea! i have such an unbusy uneventful job with little comunication with people that i am almost always by myself...its what i call my dream job! and im not kidding! the problem is thats when i ocd the most!! i find on weekends my brain rests more. i bought myself a tv for the office and that helps a bit but i totally agree with what you said about uneventfullness being an open time for your brain! ive been trying to get better and hoping this is just a faze i also know that its getting darker outside and thats when i go into full mode!! i have also been stressing about going to the dentist that consumes most of my ocd thoughts during the day and ive been puttin git off for 10 months now! my teeth appear to be ok but im scared of what the dentist is going to tell me might be wrong!! even if there is i realize its not the end of the damn world i just had a bad incident with a dentist 2 yrs ago that sent me kinda loonie for a while and ever since ive been scared to go!! but ive set a tentative date and hopefully i go through with it i dont really like to talk about it cause it bothers me but anyways i may try to use that advice for the 15 mins once my head is a little clearer! thanks so much what things did u obssess about?

Closed Thread