It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #1

chloestewie HB User
one step foreward two steps back

Well, I have been getting along okay on my own- although I do have my first psychiatrist appointment tomorrow which is a little scary, but at the same time, gives me hope. I have a question though - I am slowly getting over my obsession, but it feels like I take one step foreward and two steps back. Like, I got over the 'idea' of being gay - I was actually okay for about 2 weeks, but I recently started a new job and started to make friends - and I mean I like my friends - they are funny, we have a good time and we have even gone out a few times, but then one day the thought popped into my head 'what if this means you like them in a sexual way?' Its been plauging me for the last week and giving me anxiety and last night I had a panic attack and all my progress went down the drain. I know I dont really like them, but its been a looooong time since I have made new friends and its very difficult for me. Has this EVER happened to anyone??? Please relate. Im going crazy!! I mean - I remember first meeting this one girl and thinking - she is pretty- which was totally not in a sexual way - but then we became friends and now I am freaking out that I could be attracted to her, which is totally crazy, right? But its freaking me out. I mean really, has this ever happened to anyone?

Old 08-16-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
(male)

kingam HB User
Re: one step foreward two steps back

i feel the same way, you make progress and then you get sorta kicked down again...

its normal... the frustrating part of it, is you start to gain hope and then it kicks back in and you feel like youre not getting anywhere... just keep on fightin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 04:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: one step foreward two steps back

if the psych prescribes an antidepressant med this should help with the thoughts and panic attacks

Closed Thread