It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
My husband said it best tonight...

my ocd has not been good lately ive started ocding about what bad things could happen to me to ruin my life-unrealistic things! I said to him tonight why is it I can't enjoy my life? I finally have everything i've ever wanted with little to no stress in my life and I am the most miserable and stressed out i have ever been!!! but my hubby put it in a way that made me go "hey that is so true"!! He told me that i spent so many years stressing in my brain that now my brain doesnt know what to do with itself!! the allocated area i'd made myself in my head to worry is still in full force even though i have no stresses! He told me I need to start stressing about positive things if that makes any sense! does anyone else suffer from what I am suffering from??

Old 08-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Re: My husband said it best tonight...

guess im the only one

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

LIT HB User

no hayley u arent the only one goin through this

i stress about everything to
down to how long it will take me to get somewhere
i was brought up to always be on time and NEVER be late
so i stress constantly about being on time
i plan EVERY little thing
it drives me nuts

it isnt just the time issue
its with everything

ure second message (guess im the only one) is untrue
and it shows that u also worry like i do that noone cares

i struggle with that 2

im in therapy at the mo because of all my weird quirks
but yeah
just thought i would reassure you and tell u that u arent alone

mel

Old 08-18-2004, 06:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

You dont know what stress is. Try driving fifteen miles home and then have to go over every foot of the drive in your mind to make sure you did not run over a blind person in the crosswalk or a lost baby on the side of the road. Maybe even get in the car and redrive it to check for blood stains or ripped clothing.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

season that was a rather rude comment to make about your level of ocd not being as bad as some one elses and vice versa and we are all here to be supported not to be judged!!!!!!!! to me stress is 4 kids in a 5 yr period, a husband, ft job and extensive bills to pay! but thats the life i chose and thats the life i live and with having all of that in my life, it has caused me undue stress at a time in my life when things shouldnt be that way i should be enjoying my life but i cant! i use to have a sickeningly rough life that isnt that way anymore and that was what had caused my ocd to start, worrying that my life could just end up like that one day again as it has before.that was my point which you didnt get. i found your comment to be very insulting and very unjustified and what may seem petty to you isnt to others! not to mention i dont believe ive ever given you a list of things i ocd abotu so telling me i dont know what stress is is an ignorant assumption as there are things i do ocd about just like you and i need meds for this problem.btw mel ty for your kind response.

Last edited by hayley0610; 08-18-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:02 AM   #6

In a tree HB User

I can relate to how you feel. I have a life I feel I don't deserve. I am constantly on guard waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under me. If I don't have something to worry over then I will make things up to worry about.
My husband is putting me through school and I put very difficult demands on myself and no matter how well I do I tell myself I could have done better, even when I make the highest grade in the class!!!
I worry about how hard my classes are going to be and I get myself so stressed over it that I make myself miserable.
On the other hand, I am very happy because of the life I live. I hide a lot of my fears in my head so well that people tell me they wish they could be as easy going as I am. If they only knew.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
(female)

LIT HB User

hayley

i totally agree that season was being a bit rough
i tried to ignore what season said

i feel for season
it must be hard to deal with having that type of ocd
but as u say hayley season had NO right to be like that

everyone has their own way of dealing with problems but that is definately uncalled for

if seasons way of dealing with their problems is putting other people down to make him/herself feel better then they have a MAJOR problem

Old 08-20-2004, 06:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Do not judge

Old 08-20-2004, 07:44 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

hypocrite.....

Closed Thread