It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 05:17 AM   #1
(male)

blick HB User
HOCD...am i better?

so i'm past the main thrust of HOCD perhaps? I no longer spend all day with the thought "am i gay" in the forefront of my mind...in fact i know im not gay now and that thught doesnt really bother me. Ive been past the main thrust of sexual thoughts towards prople/my friends of the same sex. But what im left with is hardly fun! can anyone relate to it?

I feel different...my brain and the way it functions feels different. I feel different towards women, i no longer see a pretty woman and just think "oh shes pretty", i have to think about it more that that as if to convince myself..i still notice attractive guys etc...im really not explaining this very well! I still have the thoughts "does it feel wierd to be a guy"? and i have i guess what can only be described as flashbacks or reminders...i'll see somthing (on tv for example), ill smell somthing or do somthing and sudennly i get a flashback of the hardest hocd times, like whenever i go 4 a pee and see my dick i think about hocd....i still find it hard being with my gf. I think i find it hard as i was going through the hocd when i was with her so maybe she reminds me of the bad times...I JUST AM NOT THE SAME PERSON I ONCE WAS AND KNOW I NEVER WILL BE, I FEEL DIFFERENT ...

understand?

Old 08-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #2

alex86 HB User
i got over the gay ocd, but one thing that hasn't fully recovered is my attraction to women. I used to get erections from seeing a banging chick walkin down the block, and I'd be like, omg, the things I'd do to that girl, but now, it happens rarely. everytime I see a hot girl, I say, yeah, she's pretty, and that's about it. no more nasty thoughts, and the attraction isnt always there. the problem is that when I see a hot girl, I expect to be attracted, and I always check my reactions, but that just makes it worse. I have to get to the point where everything comes naturally, and I dont have to check myself if I'm attracted to that girl or not. hopefully, Ill get past it. do u get this sometimes?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-18-2004 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Please use proper terminology. Read the stick at the top of this board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 12:40 AM   #3

Gerz HB User
Re: HOCD...am i better?

I'm struggling with HOCD...I was just curious as to how y'all went about getting over it?

Old 08-18-2004, 07:48 AM   #4
(male)

blick HB User
Re: HOCD...am i better?

well gerz....

for one its taken nearly a year of *********** hell! secondly im on medication (citalopram)....and thirdly im not fully over it at all...i guess before my hocd was a full blown painting, now its only a pencil drawing!

but it may always be there in the back of my mind....who knows.

I guess i always knew through all of it that i wasnt gay, it was more a what if scenario....and the thoughts are still there.

It will get easier man

Closed Thread