It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
Inactive

ontheway HB User
What makes you hold on to OCD

I have a question,

most of us know the thoughts are silly, but it tricks us and makes us feel these things in our minds are real when they are not.. but I'm so tired of OCD and I want to try something new and just say this is OCD forget it . it has no power over me and I'll be fine

Why can't I do that ? because I have more thoughts of " what if " and more intrusive thoughts that trap me into the cicle over and over..I wonder will I'll be free to live my life how I'd like too because it stinks so bad to where its just another day that I know holds struggles for me

What keeps y'all hanging on to rituals, when we know its OCD ? I think that if i say ok no more and walk away from OCD will I be able too, because its been with my basically the majority of my life and I don't know how I'd be without it.. would I be the same ? would I change completely, I'm ready to find out.. because this puts a strain on my life and has taken it away from me and i cant let it continue

But I dont feel that strong sometimes, I really dont know exactly how to beat this crappy illness

Thanks to all who read and respond to this God bless always

Last edited by ontheway; 08-17-2004 at 07:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 06:34 AM   #2
(female)

sjd1654 HB User
Re: What makes you hold on to OCD

Hi,
I feel the same way. I just want to say -forget all this stuff and try a regular life and see what happens.

Something has to change-I've been like this for about 20 years and just tired of giving in to the thoughts.

I do really believe much of it is just habit now.

Good Luck,
Joyce

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

One of the steps to rid yourself of ocd is to realize that the intensity and intrusivesiveness of the thought or urge is CAUSED BY OCD. It is probably related to a biochemical imbalance in the brain. Which is exactly what you said in your post.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
Inactive

ontheway HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd1654
Hi,
I feel the same way. I just want to say -forget all this stuff and try a regular life and see what happens.

Something has to change-I've been like this for about 20 years and just tired of giving in to the thoughts.

I do really believe much of it is just habit now.

Good Luck,
Joyce
Hey Thanks for replying to me, I think it is habit as well because the mind is so use to the intrusive , rituals and so it becomes habit after doing it for so long, but its so hard to just walk away from OCD when it does not walk away from me it follows me and I try and get rid of it and sometimes i trun a conner iot might not know but eventually it gets me again and im stuck dealing with it and its just a pain it has taken away from my life, my image ( with the medicine ) and I just want to say ok forget it let it go that seems so nice to just let it go but its not has easy to me as it sounds to me (( hugs )) God bless always

Old 08-18-2004, 08:38 PM   #5
Inactive

ontheway HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by openseason
One of the steps to rid yourself of ocd is to realize that the intensity and intrusivesiveness of the thought or urge is CAUSED BY OCD. It is probably related to a biochemical imbalance in the brain. Which is exactly what you said in your post.
Hi there thanks so much for what u said, that makes me feel better about this, because alot of times i get mixed up in the thoughts of what if this is real when its not.. its so stupid but i fall for the tricks all the time, again thank you so much for saying that God bless u always (( hugs ))

Last edited by ontheway; 08-18-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Closed Thread