It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 07:47 PM   #1

wishyouwerehere HB User
Question Kinda Embarrassing Question About...

Has this happened to anyone else...? I've been on Prozac for almost a month now (still a low dose, 20 mg one day, 40 mg the next, then 20mg...so apparently it evens out to 30 mg per day) and I found out that I simply can't have an orgasm anymore! Other SSRI medications have made it diffucult but not IMPOSSIBLE! I had questioned my doctor about this earlier and she said that if there's a decrease in sexual function people usually are switched to another SSRI or given a stimulant . . . however I've already tried Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, and Paxil ... and am on Adderall for ADD. Is there anything I can do? This is so frustrating!!!

Old 08-18-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Re: Kinda Embarrassing Question About...

not sure if ur male or female...i dont have any help for you so much as me being in the same shoes as you. I have a decreased sex drive and my poor hubby prob thinks its him but its not even though when we do do it it is good but i use to orgasm very easily and now i have to work on it more even though it feels good i just dont get there are quick but ive put it down to the meds (celexa). good luck with this is think its something we kinda have to live with....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 08:59 PM   #3

wishyouwerehere HB User

Sorry bout that, I'm female

Try talking to your husband and let him know that it's not his fault (lol I was worried that my bf thought the same thing, but thankfully we're good with communication!)

Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

zer0hour HB User

i was on prozac first and could not orgasm at all, when i started on adderall i wanted to orgasm more..lol... but the prozac is a real *****, i have been off it for 4 days, not because of the orgasming but because i couldnt sleep on prozac... anyhow,,... im a chick, i think someone was asking the sexes, dont know if its relavant though, but for a really direct example, i used to orgasm in 30 secs to a minute, after prozac if i could at all it took around 45 minutes to an hour,,,, i was so frustrated by the time it happened i was just mad i had wasted so much time..

Old 01-22-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

ocdengineer HB User

From a guys point of view. We don't mind working for it! My wife is a 30-45 second kinda woman and a lot of times she beats me to the punch be a long shot and kinda sits there waiting for me. I'd much rather have to work for it for awhile than have her reading a book while I finish up. Keep that in mind. Tell your bfs or husbands that they are just going to have to work harder, and you may have to teach them to get it done. Anyway, where there is a will there is a way, and with something like this, I think there is usually plenty of will. You just have to find a way. LOL.

Take care,
OE

Old 01-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
(male)

moviefan5000 HB User

in my experience it eventually comes back. Im guessing after the medicine and your body start to work together. which can be months, but there is hope. dont stop your meds. I KNOW it sucks but its worth the dry spell. give it a chance.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

BadMalibu HB User

Wish-

You know doctors prescribe anti-depressants to help premature ejaculation in men and to help them last longer. Unfortunately for us, were on SSRI's because of OCD, not because we have problems in that area..

I noticed when I first went on Zoloft years ago, I experienced the same symptoms, but eventually my body got used to it. Like Moviefan said, you have to give your body and mind time to get in sync with each other.

Closed Thread