It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 07:50 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
these dreams...i cant handle these dreams!

i cant stand this anymore!!!!My vivid emotional dreams are back!!! ive always had vivid dreams but the last 2 weeks theyve been really bad.and i wake up with a horrible sore jaw from clenching my teeth. ive been on celexa for about 4 months now so i am surprised this is happening so late into the meds. i had this really bad when i was on them before but it was right away. i take my meds now when i wake up because when i took it before bed it was waking me up with terrible night sweats and addrenaline rushes. these dreams arent horror dreams just more like emotional dreams that effect my mood for the day once i wake up which in turn is affecting my ocd because im so emotional all day long! does anyone get this or knows how to curb it?

Old 08-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #2
Inactive

Frank168 HB User
Re: these dreams...i cant handle these dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley0610
i cant stand this anymore!!!!My vivid emotional dreams are back!!! ive always had vivid dreams but the last 2 weeks theyve been really bad.and i wake up with a horrible sore jaw from clenching my teeth. ive been on celexa for about 4 months now so i am surprised this is happening so late into the meds. i had this really bad when i was on them before but it was right away. i take my meds now when i wake up because when i took it before bed it was waking me up with terrible night sweats and addrenaline rushes. these dreams arent horror dreams just more like emotional dreams that effect my mood for the day once i wake up which in turn is affecting my ocd because im so emotional all day long! does anyone get this or knows how to curb it?

Can't help you but I had all your symptoms and after effects without being on meds at all. It all probably has to do with brain chemistry being shifted around. It went away eventually and will taper off for you as well I'm sure.

Frank

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

thanks frank! im hoping it will!! the dreams themselves arent that bad when i have them its more of the way i feel for the entire day when i wake up! this woman just got fired at my work, she wasnt a very nice person and i keep dreaming of her showing up to the office something i dread so when i wake up im in the mode still of her being there!! it really does suck!!

Old 08-21-2004, 02:53 AM   #4
Inactive

Frank168 HB User

Yes the over dreaming interferes with the rest of your day because the sleep stages are all messed up. Maybe too much REM sleep or something but there has to be a balance in the different cycles. If you have too much REM and not enough deep sleep (delta sleep) you will feel worn out and ruins the rest of your day. For me it made me a walking zombie till around 5pm when I'd start feeling better. It definately has to do with our brain chemicals being moved around in a different way than normal. I had night terrors in addition to the night sweats, adrenaline rushes, sleep paralysis along with hallucinations before falling asleep and waking up. I also had tingling hands and face, and clenched jaw like you. I think cortisol (stress hormones) levels has a lot to do with it. Like I said before eventually I think it will even out, it did for me.

Frank

Old 08-21-2004, 04:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

antidepressant meds are notorious for causing strong vivid dreams that seem to last all night
you could try swapping to another one

the jaw clenching and toothgrinding is common and a change of meds may help, wearing a football mouthguard sometimes helps ot a dentist can make up a splint

it helps if the jaw is prevented from overclosing

Old 08-21-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
(female)

Mom2ocder HB User

My son had the same experience on Zoloft. His were strange, fantasy type dreams that seem to last all night that it interrupted his sleep. He said they really made no sense but were extremely vivid and real. Once off of the Zoloft, they went away.
Good Luck

Old 08-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #7

trouble32 HB User
Lightbulb Re: these dreams...i cant handle these dreams!

Crazy question..But do you feel like youre awake or there with this person?Ive had night terrors since the birth of my 2nd child,,And im 2 times as strong if my husband tries to contain me.I tear down curtains and feel like im awake.most of the time my eyes are open.Also had a doctor tell me hormone fluctuations can cause the dream cycle to get messed up.Or your subconcious is speaking:maybe this person really causes anger and such emotions that its tucked in your mind as non released stress.Just my ideas and personal experiences..k..Libby

Last edited by moderator2; 08-24-2004 at 06:25 AM.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:31 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

well my dreams are usually very varied but they contain a lot of emotion and really dont ever make sense! just this morning i had a dream by mom gave me an xmas present and in the gift bag it was just things she had grabbed around her house and regifted me with! but even though im not a highly religious person at all!! some of these were pictures of Jesus in frames! my mom does not have these kinds of things!! then i dreampt my hubby and i were at a flee market getting remarried!! and a few days after we were there he told me he had to check soemthing but wouldnt let me know yet what it was. he made the man who remarried us pull out some papers and my hubby said sure enough the info was right. i said what info he said we havent been married for a long time. apparently in my dream you need to renew your marriage license or like car insurance, it runs out and if you do that you arent married and need to renew it again!! but it didnt bother us we couldnt believe how odd that the govt would make us do that! see its dreams like that and this is just a portion of my dreams! ive always had very vivid dreams but these are very vivid like i am there. i feel physical pain when they arent good dreams and i feel emotion worse than in real life. i wake up and all my muscles are sore from clenching them in the night!!its just my meds and i guess something i have to live with.

Closed Thread