It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
(male)

Leff935 HB User
living in hell

Hi everyone, i just need to vent , lately ive been having a rough go , i went off my meds because of the weight gain and because i felt like a lab rat with all the medications my doctor put me on, i feel the same now as i did on the meds so i really dont know what the difference was, anyway my thought process is so messed up i am contstantly saying names in my head over and over i say these names from the minute i wake up till the time iam asleep (which is my only escape ) also the other day someone had told me they seen me riding my bike into town, and yesterday i thought of that conversation and forgot who had told me that, so i found myself obsessign on who it was that that seen me, i just had to know , but because i forgot who it was i obsessed for hours yesterday and it ruined my day trying to think of who seen me riding my bike into town , i dont theres so much more and i dont know what to do i dont really have the compulsions like others, but i feel stuck in my head and obsess alot over so much trivial stuff. would Counselling and Psychotherapy help me with my problem, also i always deny that i have ocd and cant admit to it ARGH help

CHris

Old 08-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
(female)

sanrun HB User
Smile Re: living in hell

Hi Chris, I do that to with conversations. I'll Replay them over and over again in my mind. Analyazing everything! I have pre-converstions, consantly! I feel like I always have to be prepared before taking to someone. I also think things through constantly, but I don't view that badly, though. Anyway, all my compulsions are mental, too.
What has helped me the most has been using some techniques from myself help books - Freedom From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, by Jonathon Grayson and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, by Fred Penzel.

The last few years my main problem has been the "sexual fears". Intrusive thoughts about children, woman and family members. I hope they don't delete that! We aren't supposed to talk about that stuff on the OCD board.
Anyway, I believe I read that you had the same problem. Well, I can tell you can get better by doing CBT and exposure things. I'm way, way better than I was 6 months ago when I first started working hard on the self-help things.
It is an up down process, so don't get discouraged. Be there a few times! But I just keep at it. Persistance is the key!

Take Care,

sanrun

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: living in hell

unwanted thoughts are usually from OCD, books on recovering have useful advice try your library, a book called brainlock is good for overcoming the unwanted thoughts

Closed Thread