It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
i seem to go through strange phases

i hope to make this somewhat short without it being confusing lol! While I've been on my meds and once in a while before the meds i go through these weird "brain" phases. A couple weeks after i started my meds i started to feel so good relaxed and happy. then for about a week i wake up really stressed and worry about life and feel generally anxious. i worry to much that i put my mind into a state where it almost shuts off all feelings. So when this phase passes i go into a mode for about 3 days where everything around me doesnt look real and things are kind of in slow motion and i am tired and dont care about life, then this seems to pass and i go into my happy mode again!! the best way to describe it is that my mind goes into overload of thoughts and like clockwork it almost shuts itself off for safetys sake and wont let it worry! then i go into the not real stage...i just got over that part and im in my happy positive stage and everything is just ok, like i can handle anything that comes my way! but i know in a few weeks ill have that week where all i do is ocd and worry and then ill go into the next stage. im not sure if ive explained this right especially the not real part. i feel like im in a cloud when i get that. almost like everything around me is fuzzy looking and when people talk i dont really feel like im paying attn.

Old 08-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: i seem to go through strange phases

books on how to stop worrying have useful advice
you may do better on other meds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
(female)

simplyj HB User

I went through a very similar phase when I first started taking my meds (Zoloft) I didn't know it then, but now I realize that it was my body trying to adjust to the medication. It was a very weird feeling for a while. I would sometimes hold my arm out in front of me and it didn't feel like it was a part of me. I felt like I was out of myself for a while, then it slowly subsided after a few weeks. Have you just started taking your meds? Also, I cant tell from your sign on name if you are a man or woman but as a woman I can tell you that during a "certain" time of the month, I get that same burst of energy, and then a downward slope where I feel depressed, I OCD alot and life seems bleek. After a few days, all is well in my world again. I started to notice a pattern and when I asked fellow female OCDers, most of them could relate. I hope the cloudiness passes soon for you. I'm not sure if my reply helped much but sometimes it just helps knowing that someone else can relate.

All the best,

J.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

hi thanks for your reply!! i am female and i did try relating the 2 but i havent noticed a real link yet(pms and such). i started my meds about 4 months ago...this is soemthing that has haooened for yrs now though its like u described...oh well i guess its just the wonderful part of being me!

Old 08-26-2004, 07:40 PM   #5

JBoyStrikesBack HB User

I seem to be going thru something quite similar to this.

See my thread "Is it the meds or just my idle mind?"...

-J

Closed Thread