It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

jessica129 HB User
ocd or generalized anxiety?

Hello. Recently, I've been worrying about EVERYTHING imaginable. I'm seeing a doctor and he thinks I suffer from obsessive worry....obviously. It'll range from anything to everything and I can't seem to control the thoughts. They'll race in my mind for hours a day and it stresses me out very badly to the point where I hyperventilate and get extremely dizzy. I try not to let it get in the way of normal living, but I'm so consumed with negative thoughts, it's hard to live like a normal human being.

I also have a problem with illnesses. If I read about social phobia (for example), I'll start to worry I have it and become so self concious of the symptoms that I seem to bring the disease upon myself. That probobly doesn't make much sense. I'm just consumed with worries...sometimes I can't sleep until I have them all "figured out". It makes my life very stressful. I was thinking this could be a symptom of purely obsessional ocd because they're specific worries that I cannot control. My doctor also tells me I wouldn't benefit from cbt therapy because i'm "too far gone"....eek. I've tried self help books and they don't do much. What kind of therapies would help me (if i'm not too far gone, heh)?

Old 08-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
(male)

kingam HB User
Re: ocd or generalized anxiety?

ocd IS an anxiety illness... when my anxiety is up, my OCD is up... and vice versa... its a vicious cycle... of course ive been there myself (been doing well for a few weeks now) but just TRY to relax... i also have the worry when i read things, thus i laid off the boards for a while

Last edited by kingam; 08-24-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 08:52 AM   #3

jas1980 HB User
Re: ocd or generalized anxiety?

I have all the same symptoms as you. I'm currently on Effexor and I also take Xanax when the worrying gets really bad. I seem to find everything and anything to worry about. I know exactly how you feel. It is very frustrating.

Closed Thread