It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 12:39 PM   #1

butterfly2003 HB User
Is this obsessive?!?!

Hi, I am a 21 year old college student who tends to be a bit obsessive about things. Nothing to the point that it is really bothersome or hard to live with. But here is the deal, I met my current bf in May. During the summer he came here to live permanently (he is from another town, but goes to school here). Well, his best friend and roommate just got here so for about a month (before he got here) I stayed with him. It was so much fun and we both couldnt wait to see eachother after work. The same day that I was to stop staying with him everyday due to his roomate arriving, my roommate got us kicked out of our apt! I had to go home and I am really unhappy about it. I am in the process of getting a new job and finding a new place to live so that I can get out on my own. The problem is that I cannot stop being sad about not staying with him anymore. What I really want is to move in with him and see him everyday. I think that he wants that too, but initially we told his roommate that I may be moving in with them in January when my no longer apt lease would be up. I want to move in right now, but I dont want to push it. Along with this is we just had a little bump in the road. I was being a little clingy and he was getting a little bothered about it. Like I would push seeing him all the time! I feel bad about it, bc my ex did that to me and I hated it. He told me he really wants to be with me but we cant forget our seperate lives. I need advice on how to be happy in my situation. I dont want to lose him by being obsessive. I am just having a hard time not seeing him everyday. Is this due to the month I say him everyday and did everything with him or is it obsessive? Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 12:00 AM   #2

butterfly2003 HB User
Re: Is this obsessive?!?!

Please someone respond. Any kind of response would be great. Thank you!

Old 08-27-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
(female)

bm28 HB User

Hi Butterfly2003. Sorry no one has responded. I think that it's hard when you want to be with someone all the time and they feel maybe that they need some space then it gets to be kind of difficult. I know it might be hard for you because you really care about him but keep in mind that he's just being a guy! Find something to do and just act like you don't care even if you do. I think guys respond better if you play hard to get. Good Luck, Beth

Old 08-27-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

it might be slightly obsessive behavior, but im not sure its OCD...

personally, i dont like playing hard to get, but at the same time, i need/like my space... people have to be their own people, and i think if you smother too much it will always be hard for you to keep someone happy... just try to relax.

Old 09-01-2004, 04:04 AM   #5

eyelinerfairy HB User

hmm i also dont think this is ocd, but i can relate to you totaly. ive been going out with my bf for 3 and a half years now, and because im only 17, i cant yet move in with him. because of my home life, and my depression, moving in with him is pretty much the only thing im looking forward to in life, so im ending up thinking about it all the time, and feeling bad because i know it will be atleast 2 years before im done with education and have worked enough to raise my part of the money we would need to move out. im afraid as im kind of in the same boat i have no advice i can offer! sorry about that. but just so you know your not alone in this feeling, i thought id post
take care and i hope it all works out for you!

Closed Thread