It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 01:04 PM   #1

Christine1984 HB User
Does anyone obsess about there friends and fights and bf/gf?

Hi everyone! my name is Christine, I am 20! I obsess a lot about friends and fights and arguments. I keep repeating myself about the same thing over and over again. If me and my friend stop talking I seem to obsess about it. The same thing goes for my boyfriend( if we get into a arguement I obsess over that and the bad things he did to me). I cant seem to move on and not obsess. Does anyone have this problem??? Its really bad!! I cant move out of my families house because I hate changes and new beginnings. I seem to dwell on the past! If I loose a friend or boyfriend I cant stop mentioning the reasons why this happened. I feel like a broken record. Can someone please help???

Old 08-27-2004, 01:53 PM   #2

zec HB User
Re: Does anyone obsess about there friends and fights and bf/gf?

Hello!

I also obsess about my b/f. But the thing is: i ask my self 1000 times a day if i do love him enough. when we are together and do not talk very much - i start to think: oh god, we don*t talk, we don't love each other any more.
I worry and worry and can not say any word.
it is horrible.
the other thing is: also I obsess about the bad things and it seems to me like there are no other beautiful things .

so, greetings, and sorry for my bad englsih,

zec

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
(female)

krisdance83 HB User

I wish I could help you. I do the same thing. If I get into an argument with someone, or even just a conversation that I feel did not go right, I think about it repeatedly. I will go over it in my head a million times and even look for people to tell the story to so that I can get it off my chest. Finally I seem to just say it's silly or I find something to take my mind off of it but not before I go over it ten thousand times.

I also do that w/ my boyfriend. I analyze everything he says to me and I sometimes bring up what happened repeatedly so that he can re-word it so it makes me feel comfortable. I get very nervous and worried all of the time. This is has only recently gotten bad. Just like my compulsions have gotten worse also. And the intrusive thoughts are starting w/ me too. This is a horrible "condition" if that's what it's called.

Old 08-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
(female)

why_did_you HB User

I have this problem. I go over and over things that have happened. I especially do it with a certain person (I have panic attacks when I see then and have a lot of problems about it- I've taken it all out of all proprotion and can't take anything that relates to 'her'..). I get flashbacks but I also over analyse and just can't seem to forget. It's horrible. I can sympathyse with you here. Are you taking any therapy or have you considered it?

I hope it all works out for you,
Take care,

Old 08-31-2004, 07:27 AM   #5

Christine1984 HB User

Hey zec,Kris and why did u, your all just like me. I obsess about the bad things all the time and I tend to loose friends like that. My one best friend off 2 years is mad at me, because Im to negative. Well I dont have many positive things going on. Its hard. I do obsess about my bf too, if I really love him, because he is not the best guy out there. he has done things to hurt my feelings and break my heart. I repeat myself over and over again also. I have others repeat thereselves too. Forinstance, when I call my guy cousin I keep refracing the same question in many different ways. When I get into a fight with someone I want to tell everyone and everyone about the fight and I will go on and on about the same thing. I dont know what my problem is??? What is this problem??? My family members do this too!!! I thought it was just my family, but now I realize its not.. I feel better knowing that now!!! Thank you guys for your stories they were great. Stay in touch. Take care christina

Closed Thread