It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 07:53 PM   #1
(male)

kingam HB User
Anticipating a spike...

Do any of you get worried about anticipating when the next spike will come?

i find myself feeling so much better lately... i obsess, but it doesnt cause me any anxiety... however, my OCD coincides with my stress, so i start to worry about events in the future that will cause me to spike... like im moving this month, so im worried it will come back...

do you ever obsess on the anticipation?

Old 09-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Anticipating a spike...

a common problem, valium type meds as needed in a large enough dose will calm you when needed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 05:21 AM   #3

shiften_2000 HB User

yes i have felt like that, usually i used to feel like if this spike comes back again but this is before i notice that i have OCD and i was like why do i feel like this? but now i have this feeling less but still i have this feeling if i make a new obsession about somthing at first it sounds stupid but after a few seconds the fear gets more seriouse

Old 09-02-2004, 06:45 AM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

yeah, just last night i picked up a fun new obsession... i sneezed a few days ago, and pulled that muscle that runs between your a** and your p***is... well it kinda hurts down near my testicles, so last night i was CONVINCED i had testicular cancer... i still cant stop thinking about it... i must have checked myself a dozen times... everytime i thought i felt something, but then you feel closer and you dont feel anything abnormal... im still convinced i missed something... lol... so rediculous...

anyway, on topic, the first time the obsession faded, i thought "ok good, thats over" but then i started freaking out about "what if it comes back" and it did... hehe... good stuff... now that i know about OCD more and i know more about MYSELF, its been much easier to manage...

Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

LynneJW HB User

I have odc about germs and stuff, and I am already freaking out anticipating this years flu outbreak later this fall. I know I'm gonna get nuts with the hand washing and obsessive worrying . I just started taking prozac again, which got me through last years flu season. I am also anticipating a huge spike once my kids start kindergarten NEXT year (I won't be able to make sure they are washing their hands and staying away from sick kids).
Lynne

Closed Thread