It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 06:43 AM   #1

lancethechip HB User
OCD, Worrying = Unproductive

Hi:

I'm 25. I feel like I get nothing done...creative wise. I'm into doing music and things of that sort but can't seem to finish anything because it has to be perfect. Alot of times I end up hanging out with my girlfriend or reading nonsense on the Internet and I feel like I'm wasting my time, or that my time for success has past. Almost like I feel guilty and then worry that I'm 25 and I need to be working instead of say reading jokes on the net...then I worry about the time that I lost in grand ole OCD fashion and end up not working on stuff because I'm thinking about the time I wasted- only wasting more time

Is it possible to extract the worry from your life while still being determined/protective over your future. In essence, worried without worrying? This may be tough to understand. In a nutshell, I feel horrible when I try to work and deviate from my work. I get nothing done because of this cycle. I'd rather just not care that I took a little break from the work.

Is this being OCD? A perfectionist? Or am I simply a poor time organizer. Somehow I think they're all infused. The problem is the feeling of worry/anxiety/regret for not accomplishing anything...constant.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 AM   #2
(male)

kingam HB User
Re: OCD, Worrying = Unproductive

im OCD, and i have this symptom... im a graphic designer, and feel in recent years, since my OCD and anxiety have kicked up, ive lost my creative edge... as if i just dont have it in me anymore... it sucks... when i do something, like an animation or a cartoon i usually wont release it because im so obsessed with people not getting it and thinking i suck...

its vicious... i try to just not care what anyone thinks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2004, 08:54 AM   #3

lancethechip HB User

Well, I'm not so sure you can lose your creative edge...if you had one to begin with. My concern is that I'm wasting to much time worrying about wasting time.

Not so sure how to just forget the petty small stuff and push on when I can.

I'm trying to see if this might actually *could* be related to OCD or if it's just me screwing up my time and effort. I know that's impossible to answer but I need to see if others feel this OCD cuts into their productivity.

Last edited by lancethechip; 09-01-2004 at 08:55 AM.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

well it certainly can help you at least temporarily loose your creative edge... i do this for a living, so its important i stay sharp... however when you're worrying 24/7 its hard to focus on anything, much less try to CREATE something thats either dynamic or humourous...

ive recently got back into doing some things, like claymation and stuff, so hopefully it will get me started again...

but i know what you mean... i sit there, and i think "i just wasted time worrying... time to get things done..." an hour later..."oh, im still worrying... alright, NOW lets start..."

Old 09-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #5

lancethechip HB User

For sure...

Old 09-01-2004, 11:44 AM   #6

lancethechip HB User

I want to find a way out of this...it's like being in a continuous do...loop as you are probably familiar with. Gotta be a way.

Closed Thread