It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #1

zec HB User
Help! (ODC & relationship)

Oh god.

My OCD is bad right now. Sometimes I am good, somtimes bad, but the thougts are always here.

Are there many people who suffer from thougts about their relationship.
I worry constantly. I worry and can not stop.
- do i love him -
- do i really love him -
- do i talk enough to him -
- do we have enough sex -
- do i think about him enoug -
- is it normal, that you are not in love forever -
- is it normal, that you wanna spend some time on yourself -

oh hell. it drives me mad. i want to leave my b/f every day 1000times. and the worst thing: maybe everthing is true.

is there anybody with the same thougts???

Old 09-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

flossie22 HB User
Re: Help! (ODC & relationship)

I have these same thoughts and as you know i have written about them before. they come and they go but when they come its so bad, i cant enjoy anything. i get to the point where i feel as if i am being unfair to my bf and that we should just break up. please, same stuff. any sugguestions? hang in ther.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #3

amises HB User

hi yep i can relate to some of the stuff u were sayin. i get scared to tell my bf that i love him cause my ocd tells me that i dont and it drives me crazy. i always feel guilty as well as i make him wash his hands all the time and so sometimes i think it would b better off if we split up but he tells me that he loves me and he just takes me for who i am, which is very hard to belive as i can b a real pain wen it comes to my ocd.

Old 09-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #4

zec HB User

Hey you!

I am glad, that you answered me and that I am not alone with all that - do you often feel, like you destroy your relationship right because oft these thougts?
I feel like this. oh god. I wish I could stop this. But it is impossible. I am afraid to see him sometimes. I ... want a perfect relationship - maybe right this is the problem -> wishing someting perfect, because NOTHING is perfect!
Do you do therapy or anything?

I would be glad to discuss with you more (sorry... my english is a bit bad)

Old 09-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #5
(male)

kingam HB User

its hard to seperate... see, i thought the same things with my ex... but we really werent meant to be so i dont think it was an OCD thing... the problem is, at the time i thought it was so i would cut her a lot of slack...

your situation could be different...

Old 09-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #6

zec HB User

how long did you thougt this way kingam?

Old 09-08-2004, 02:00 AM   #7

zec HB User

oh god, i am sooo afraid. I think all the day about this.
how long did you thougt about this kingam?

Old 09-08-2004, 06:38 AM   #8
(male)

kingam HB User

dont be afraid... my point was, because i have OCD i question everything... meaning i really wasnt happy, but i kept saying "is this real? am i really not happy? am i being too hard on her??" fact is though, the love just wasnt there...

the "issue" was, i try to make everything an OCD thing... but often times feelings can be much more instinctual than trying to deduce them through OCD...

you very well may have relationship OCD... i didnt... thats all im saying... dont stress...

Old 09-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #9
(female)

flossie22 HB User

question though kingpin, was your relationship good? was it healthy? explain more please?

Old 09-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #10
(female)

piggytoesmom HB User

Hi Zec,
I have EXACTLY the same thing!!! It started 5 yrs ago after a bout of post partum depression. Before that, NO PROBLEM! We have a great marriage (13 yrs) and the LAST thing I want to do is leave, but OCD makes me doubt this. I am going thru an OCD spell right now with those thoughts. This is about the 10th time I've dealt with this in the past 5 years. IT comes on very strong, then goes away like nothing ever happened, but I suffer TREMENDOUSLY while the episode is taking place. Have you tried CBT and meds? I am changing mine to Effexor because my Celexa is pooping out after 4 years. Good Luck and Hang in there. Don't make any decisions when you are going thru an "episode".
piggytoesmom

Old 11-28-2004, 03:18 PM   #11
(male)

TSGTLCM HB User

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks like this. I have done this before (3 times) this the 4th now. I have been agonizing over this a week now 2 sleepness nights and the constant worry that i will lose my wife because I don't think I love her. That I am some bad person and if I keep thinking this it must be true. Then I think if I didn't love her why would I worry it comes and goes most of the time I can shake it off but then like now it consumes me fully, cannot eat, sleep panick attacks anxiety. I need someones reassurance that it gets better with time. My wife and I have a good marriage when I am not having an episode

Closed Thread