It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 08:44 AM   #1

McButter3 HB User
Is this Child OCD or not?

I have a 12 year old daughter. From prior to birth she has been difficult! She also can be very sweet and a nice friend. All I can say is everything for her is an issue. Getting up,dressed,brushed teeth, hair, eating, going to school. All of it. Along with homework, planning her day,time,losing things I have never seen someone have such everyday life differculties. She is on Strattera for ADD and Lexapro for depression. She see's a therapist twice a month. On bad days she has so much trouble I can't even write it all down to you to explain. Tired,clothes don't feel right,hates toothpaste and water on her hands,hates seatbelts and has a fit about wearing one everytime we get in the car.

Most of the OCD people I have read about here have fears. She just obesses about everything with herself she can't even get out to be afraid! I am very tired and want to find ways to help this child survive. Everything has to be just right. Same bedtime routine can't sleep without TV on and will stay up all night-another battle. What do you think?

Old 09-08-2004, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

*music23* HB User
Re: Is this Child OCD or not?

Some kids with mental disorders can be EXTREMELY sensitive to sensory stimuli. I read that about bipolar kids especially. Now I'm not saying that your daughter is bipolar or isn't obsessive compulsive, but that may explain why all of those things touching her in certain ways or having the TV off bother her to such an extent.
You mentioned that she has fears; can you give some examples?
Kristina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #3

kiki80537 HB User
Re: Is this Child OCD or not?

I have a neice who is bi-polar and has a lot of the same issues. I also agree that doesn't mean your daughter is, but it is something you may want to look into.

Closed Thread