It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 12:00 PM   #1

ksr20 HB User
is this really ocd?

ok so im driving myself out of my mind! i had a panic attack a few weeks ago and it all seemed like deja vu because i went through the same thing 5 years ago. so i looked up deja vu on the internet and saw it was a symptom of epilepsy, brain tumors and schizophrenia, so now im constantly thinking omigod am i having deja vu, i feel like ive done this before. i wont even leave the house cause im scared that ill have it becasue i feel like im having it 24/7, even right now, or when im on the phone. i do have ocd and my doc says thats what this is. is it possible for someone to obsess about something so much that they belive they have it. it seems the only way i feel better is to come on the internet and look stuff up, which really makes it worse. i also wake up really nervous and thoughts are constantly running through my head, its like i have no control over my life anymore! please help

Old 09-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

*music23* HB User
Wink Re: is this really ocd?

Hi,
Deja vu is an interesting phenomenon. What your Internet sources did not mention is that it happens to normal people sometimes. Just because you had a feeling of deja vu doesn't mean you have epilepsy, schizophrenia, etc.
The obsessing over it could just be your OCD. I've got OCD too and I obsess over issues as well as little compulsive things I do. I think it is possible to obsess over something so much that you think it applies to you. How could you not, if you think about it all the time, almost? But I honestly don't think those diseases apply to you. Many people occasionally get deja vu.
Kristina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: is this really ocd?

Hi
OCD causes unwanted and usually unpleasant thoughts

deja vu is often caused by anxiety

Old 09-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Re: is this really ocd?

i wont even leave the house cause im scared that ill have it becasue i feel like im having it 24/7,

This sounds like panic disorder more than o.c.d. Try and get therapy real soon (I talk from experience on this one) because it sounds like you may be moving into the agoraphobic stage of panic (becoming housebound from it).

You can recover from this. I did.

Closed Thread