It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 02:29 AM   #1

obsessor HB User
Unhappy has anyone had a feeling that they'll die soon??

hi all..
i have been suffering from anxiety and PAs for 5 years now besides OCD and depression..
for the past 3 months, i've had this feeling that i'm gonna die soon..like for example..iam graduating this year and my relatives keep saying: ohhh that's so fast! u're gonna start looking for a job in a few months time! and iam like: yeah right! as if iam gonna live this whole year!!!
and when ever i wanted to do something, iam like:what's the point??u're dying soon!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!! I AM FREAKING OUT!!!
has any one suffered from this b4?? and if so, r they still alive????
any input would be really appreciated!
p.s i don't have premonitions.
thanx
sara

Old 09-11-2004, 11:22 AM   #2
(male)

kingam HB User
Re: has anyone had a feeling that they'll die soon??

i get that way too... ive been under a lot of stress lately and have been getting stomach pains, so of course i think its some horrible disease... so im at lunch today with my parents, and my dad said to me "well youll probably have to work until your 67, 68"... and i thought "if i make it that long"... i think that way a lot... like things off in the future i feel "if i even last"...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 01:43 AM   #3
Inactive

lifter123 HB User

You are going to die...soon? later? who knows...frankly who cares? Live life like you wont have tomorrow...but dont worry about if it doesnt come. If it doesnt come you wont know about it and it wont matter. If you are young and in good health odds are you have al while.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #4

alex86 HB User

yeah, I know that feeling, it is because you can't see past tomorrow, or this week, as a result of your problems. for example, your anxiety is causing you too much stress to think that maybe next year, or five years from now, you will do this and that. I used to have that feeling alot. I used to feel that my future was so emtpy, that I was only living from today to tomorrow, with no plans for my future whatsoever. I was only living to survive, if u understand me. My future was outta the question, because I couldn't see that far. But fortunately, I got better and now I'm on the surface. I wish you all the best, and maybe getting that degree and starting a job will do u good, because it will take ur mind off what u're thinkin now and focus on some work. Good luck

Old 09-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
(female)

Jacquie23 HB User

oh yeah, I KNOW that too...

mine started in highschool. and september 11th didn't help I think it gave an already worry wort, post tromatic stress, everytime a plane drives over my head, I think its a bomb. I'm jsut afraid of people. at night I can't see out the window, and I think someone is going to shoot me. So I don't stand anywhere near the wondow. I'm afraid of people, but I useto be afraid of death.

now I got this in highschool when I was 18 and learnt phamtomphobic. afraid of death. I believed it like you do, because my life flashed before my eyes. and everything would get dark, and I though, what happens when I did? nothing... it will go dark, the world will continue and I wont be there to see it, becasu it is something real, the world is not jsut for me. will this wall here, be here past my death?.... all these thoughts.

but then I had a one to one with God, (crazy people can expearince cool things ) he said something to me and it made me realize that I am nothing. I became a christian, because I realized that death with out God is hell, its Nothing, darkness, and I worked hard as a christian. and now I'm not afraid to die, becasue this world is a terribul place, but that is because it is run by crazy humans, and humans are terribul people. and as a christian, I feel normal, I live in a nice house with a man I love, I hope to have children one day, got a good job, I have a few little problems, but I deal, and I know I need God in my life at all times, not jsut when things are bad. and I try to help who i can.

no my mother is really dying, and I have to be there for her, and she is afraid of death, something I never seen in her before. and I told her I was once afraid of death too, and she remenbers that, she usto talk to me like lifter123 "your going to die, don't worry about it" and now she is in the same place. and she is worried

so i think its about growing, even if you are younger then someone elts when they expearince this stuff we will all have to face death one day and the question that people have had since the beginning of time, is where are we going after death? maybe you are expearinceing this while you are young, because God has a plan, to have you there, to help someone close to you when they are in need. I don't know that was me, God has a different plan for you.

and I also agree with Alex.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
Inactive

lifter123 HB User

Jacquie- i am sorry about your mother but i am also glad to see the other view point that you have posted about being a Christian(i am too). I think it really does make a difference. Is your mother saved? That should be the most important thing right now. Many people have a fear of death and for many times it is because they dont know what happens afterwards. Finding a view point and keeping faith in it is what helps the most.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:14 AM   #7
(female)

Jacquie23 HB User

well she has put her trust in to the hands of God, with this issue, and for the rest of her life (however long that may be) but she doesn't really understand him fully, which could be a good thing, so weather she is "saved" by him or not, that is up to God. I hope she is saved and he will heal her and give her a chance to save others. and learn more about him.

Closed Thread