It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 06:03 AM   #1

MilkNWheat HB User
Everything has to be even, eating, touching etc..

All my life I have to do things in even numbers example... I can't just eat on grape I have to have two. If I touch with wall with my right hand I have to touch it with my left one as well....

the eating thing happens ALL THE TIME

the touching thing not as much just once in a while....

does anyone know what the hell this is all about? Anyone else like this?

Old 09-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #2

karigirl HB User
Re: Everything has to be even, eating, touching etc..

It's classic OCD if you ask me! does it interfere with your life? theres help out there.....
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #3
Inactive

lifter123 HB User
Re: Everything has to be even, eating, touching etc..

Milk and wheat- what do you think will happen if you dont touch the wall with your left hand...if you only eat one grape? I know for me, when i had OCD, even if i had a thing for even numbers (mine was for #7) I would have been able to stop myself from eating the second grape i would have convinced myself that the second grape would have contained just the right amount of sugar to turn me into a diabetic. THATS RIDICULOUS!!! and now that i have gotten a grip on my mind i know that and i can eat three grapes or however many i want (doesnt have to be grapes, just your example) You need to do something...get rid of the grapes so that you only have an odd number...put the one that makes it an even number down the garbage disposal. Eat the odd number...this is the first step to overcomming your problem. Its simple to do, just eat the odd number...afterwards there is nothing you can do except realize that you did it and nothing bad is happening. When your going out touch the wall with your right hand and dont go back....get on a bus or a situation where you cant go back. I know you'll be thinking all i want before i die is to touch the wall that certain spot, a certain way with my left hand!!! CONTROL yourself...that is not rational....you want to touch a spot on the wall with your left hand??? i know the kind of satisfaction and relief that it gives you....but trust me you would get so much more relief without having to live with those fears and compulsions. For now eat the odd number of grapes, chips or whatever and tell me how it goes. good luck you can do it!

Closed Thread