Okay lately I've been realizing that all my life I've had these little obsessions and compulsions that I was always frustrated about but never knew what it was. I'm really afraid to talk to anyone about this but I'd like to get some help so I can stop doing these ridiculous things!! I don't know if I'm just going crazy or if I actually have OCD... here's a list of some of the weird things I do, a few of them aren't as bad as they used to be. I was worse when I was younger but I've been developing new habits lately...
1. Washing hands constantly. I canít touch money or coins or basically anything thatís been touched by anyone else without washing my hands. If I donít have access to sanitizer or soap then I just get really nervous and donít touch anything else until I do.
2. Tapping things with my fingers in a certain way, if I mess up or am interrupted I have to start all over.
3. Must remember numbers after seeing them, such as license plates or phone numbers (this one isnít as bad anymore).
4. Checking light switches (this one isnít nearly as bad as it used to be; I used to check all the light switches in the house before I went to bed).
5. Worrying that I have leukemia, mono, or some type of sickness, and then worrying that I have hypochondria once I realize Iím afraid of symptoms and diseases.
6. Have to have people sitting on the left side of me, if theyíre on my right I get nervous and uncomfortable.
7. Volume controls on tv or radio have to end in an even number, or they can end in 5 or be 27 (have no idea why 27).
8. Must tear the first piece of toilet paper off in case itís unsanitary, and must wipe the toilet seat and check underneath the seat to make sure itís clean.
9. Canít stand certain noises, such as the water from the shower hitting the tub a certain way.
10. Before sitting down at the desk at work I must sanitize every thing if someone else has sat there.
11. When Iím reading and see something in the corner of my eye I have to read it before going back (this one isn't as bad anymore).
12. All cupboards and drawers must be closed correctly.
13. Cannot have loose papers or bags laying around room before going to bed.
14. Must check alarm clock repeatedly, even in the middle of the night Iíll check it to make sure itís correct, sometimes Iíll reset it to double check.
15. Canít have one shoe tied tighter or looser than the other.
16. Get nervous sitting next to people with lint or stray threads on their clothing. Sometimes I have to pick them off which gets really embarrassing!
Oh gosh I'm sure there's more but I never realized how many silly things I do until I sat down and made a list! I even erased one of the symptoms on here (number 17) 'cause I had to have an even numbered list! What do I need to do?? Please help