It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User
Something someone said triggered a thought.....

I may be way over board here but is it possible to have OCD in regard to emotions or relationships? I need to know, i caught something someone said on another board about OCD and how you continue to obsess or can't let go of issues even if it has been resolved in everyone elses eyes. I am like that. I also find myself repeating things even if I have been apologized to. It's like i can't let an issue go. Could someone tell me if this is a form of OCD I mean there are other things in my life that if not done a certain way it drives me crazy and I can't focus until I fix it. What do you think or should I elaberate more?

Sunnie

Old 09-16-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
(female)

Jacquie23 HB User
Re: Something someone said triggered a thought.....

my mother was like that, she was very obsessed about relationships. more obsessions then OCD, but it starts with obsessions, which is a little natural, but when people around you see that you are obsessed, its a matter of time before it becomes OCD. Like later I saw in my mom OCD. but I have it worse then her. because I think a combination of my mother and my insane father made me who I am.

I'm dealing with it. What do you think you can do about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

*music23* HB User

I just replied to a post about relationship OCD. It would probably be good for you both to talk to the person who posted that... it's titled "OCD or not love", I think. I guess, then, OCD can occur with relationships.
I also have a hard time letting issues go, even if they have been resolved to everyone else's satisfaction. I can't stop thinking about them. It drives me crazy. But yes there are such things as both of those.
Kristina

Old 09-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

I am finding that it goes so much deeper than relationships. I think that is what it took for me to realize that I have a problem. Here is the list so far that I have come up with to make me think that I have some form of OCD:

1. Random thoughts come into my head and I can't get them out.
2. I have an insane fear of wind i.e. I start imagine what could happen. Like limbs from trees falling and somehow ending up cutting my head off.
3. I have fears of almost everything that is considered to have risk and I take it to the extreme.
4. If I don't have control over whatever it I am doing I get very edgy and nervous.
5. If something is not done the way I am used to it being done I get very jumpy and I can feel it creeping up inside of me. I feel better doing it myself.
6. Over analyzing plays a big part in my life I am always looking for what is not there, just cause I imagine the worse anyways.
7. I used to bite my nails as a child, now I bite the areas around my nails and pop my nuckles as a way to calm my obsessive urges.
8. as a child I feared tunnels and bridges a lot. When I had to go near them I'd hide my face and hum to myself rocking back and forth.
9. If I don't know what is going on at all times it bothers me and I go crazy trying to figure it out so much so that I lose sleep.

These are just some of the things I do. I will post more when I remember more. What do you think?

Sunnie

Old 09-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #5
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

oh yeah and it seems like no matter how hard I try to stop obsessing or resist obsessing I can't it eventually gets the best of me. Like if the sheet pops of the corner of the bed, I can't lay on the bed or even carry on a conversation without wanting to fix it, even though I really want to focus on the conversation I can't until it is fixed. Pimples on my face or anyone elses also distracts me until I can pop them or someone else can. This is so embarrasing for me. I mean I literally stare at the face or whatever is out of place and don't notice anything else around me. I zone out completely when I am focused on something, like I'm not even there and I don't even realize I am doing it. Oh yeah everything has to be asymetrical or I go nuts and have to fix it. I can't control it. I find myself facing shelves in the grocery store and having to refrain from touching someone to fix there tie or any out of place clothing. I mean geeze I can't control it.

Sunnie

Old 09-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #6

check3times HB User

I can't get over how much I have in common with what you wrote jeepbabe. Especially the pimple popping. I can't rest until I have popped my pimples or my husbands or worse yet, peeling the skin after a sunburn peels off. I have so many scars on my arms, I look like I was beaten up or something. But popping pimples, especially my own, makes me feel calmer, for a few moments, not long but at least for awhile. Does that make sense to anyone? I feel funny for writing that but I feel if anything, someone in this group would understand.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:52 PM   #7
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

I totally understand everything you are saying. I posted another topic "I am pretty sure I have OCD". It pretty much says that I talked to my gramma and found out that her, my mother and uncle all have it and that when I told her my problems she said that I prob do have it and to go to a doc for help. Is there anything else that makes you think that you may have OCD? Let me know I will check in everyday if possible.

Sunnie

Hang in there!!!!!

Closed Thread