It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #1

Disbeliever HB User
Angry Questions regarding OCD versus real disease?

Hello all,

I am new to this site and just starting to understand OCD, I think. I'm here for support & help as I am trying to believe I really do have OCD. Over a year ago I became convinced I was had pancreatic cancer because of some weight loss, back pain and some alternating bowel problems. It all started August 2003. Needless to say I ran the gammit and had 10 CT Scans, numerous MRI's and 4 Endoscopic Ultrasounds that specifically look at your pancreas. To be short and not to bore over a year has passed and I am still here. I have gained the wieght back and have been taking 1mg Risperdal twice a day along with .5 Xanax. My bathroom problems seemed to have gotten better but my back seems is still bothersome. I have went to various Doctors who are all convinced its muscoskeletal and that it is most likely being caused by the stress of my OCD regarding pancreatic cancer. I can't believe that, I can't believe OCD can cause back pain, can someone please help, is OCD this powerful. I a 32 year old male who by all Doctors standards am Healthy, just have this little OCD thing. I mean I have read articles about OCD where is describes it as compulsive handwashing and counting numbers, etc. The Doctors are debating I don't have real pain but are telling me it's not pancreatic cancer or I would have had more symptoms by now or dead w/o any treatment. I guess I just don't like the fact that the kind of blanket waiver me and say it muscoskeletal that your just going to have to deal with. Is this how OCD works, can it cause your thoughts to cause pain not doesnt really have a legitmate cause, is this a psychosomatic symptom. Since I don't want to be any more long winded, I'll end here, anyhelp or personal stories would be great. Thanks, Disbeliver in NJ.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #2

alliemay HB User
Re: Questions regarding OCD versus real disease?

yeah i used to obsess over a new disease almost every month, and it seemed that i had all the symptoms(sometimes headahes, chest pains..... )only to get checked and there not be a problem

Old 09-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Questions regarding OCD versus real disease?

hi disbeliever, it sounds like hypochondria, try to find more things to be interested in that will occupy your mind

Old 09-30-2004, 04:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

*music23* HB User
Wink Re: Questions regarding OCD versus real disease?

By the way, just thought I should mention... ocd IS a "real disease"...
Kristina

Closed Thread