It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
relaxation rteduces OCD

OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder is classed in the diagnostic manual used by psychiatrists, as an anxiety disorder. There are many other more serious mental disorders, but OCD is just from anxiety.

at the risk of stating the obvious, anything that relaxes you will reduce your stress and anxiety and therefore must reduce your OCD, also anything that relaxes your body will also relax your mind

for relaxing your body, massage is excellent although it can be expensive, home massage books are available and it can help a lot if you can get a friend or partner to massage you

jacuzzi or spa baths are very relaxing, but can tickle until you get used to tem, hot tubs or simply a long soak in a hot bath also helps, in japan, everyone has long soaks in a very hot bath for relaxation

more exercise done in a gentle way is relaxing, especially long walks, maybe join a gym

Old 09-25-2004, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

NinjaCowboy HB User
Re: relaxation rteduces OCD

In theory, this makes sense, but the only times I seem to be doing better is when I am too busy to be thinking about anything and so over-tired that I pass out the second I get into bed. So practically, stress, overscheduling, and sleep deprivation seem to be working for me...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 04:46 AM   #3
(female)

Nanner1222 HB User
Re: relaxation rteduces OCD

Relaxation of mind and body does sound like a good way of reducing the anxiety. I have done much reading about meditation, and in fact have started meditating every day myself. I have only been doing it for about 3 weeks so far, but I think I can say I can see a difference, and I plan to continue with it. I am wondering if anyone else on this board has tried meditation for the anxiety of ocd, and has had good results with it? Take care everyone.

Closed Thread