It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

genie04 HB User
is anyone else taking Zyprexa for obsessive thoughts?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has taking/is taking Zyprexa (or Olanzapine) for obsessive thoughts?

How well has it worked for you?Did it help you and did you have many side effects? What kind of dosage did you have? I am currently taking 5mg at night and the only side effect I have noticed is that it makes me very sleepy.

To anyone who might know, do the side effects such as the sleepiness wear off at all over time?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Genie

Old 09-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #2

alliemay HB User
Re: is anyone else taking Zyprexa for obsessive thoughts?

it made me really tired and FAT im not sure what was working i was also on prozac and clonazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #3

alliemay HB User

yeah it's supposed to make you too tired to think or something like that it will stay like that your supposed to take it before you wanna sleep i think

Old 09-30-2004, 04:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

*music23* HB User
Thumbs down Re: is anyone else taking Zyprexa for obsessive thoughts?

I took one dose of Zyprexa and never took another.
It made me like I was drunk! I took it at night, and then the next morning I was slurring my words, I couldn't balance, I was constantly falling over... not a good experience. I never did find out if it worked for me. Those side effects began to wear off in the afternoon and were basically gone by night.
Kristina

Old 10-01-2004, 01:54 AM   #5

cda031076 HB User

i take geodon which is almost the same at that ,and the geodon does make you sleepy and make you sleepy like forever.....how does this supposed to help with ocd other than putting you to sleep so you don't have to deal with the ocd.....that is the only goood from this,it puts you to sleep so you don't have to deal with the ocd

Old 10-08-2004, 03:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

if the first dose of any new med effects you strongly then reduce the dose for a while, cut the tablet into halves or quarters
zyprexa is a newish antipsychotic thats being promoted for many different conditions
I dont know whether its approved for OCD

Old 10-14-2004, 07:35 AM   #7
Inactive

PAmermaids HB User

hello, i took Zyprexa and took it at night too, also made me very tired and, lol fat like i heard another poster say, yeah i can't say it helped too much with the depression, but i was on other depression meds at the same time. different meds affect people different ways. so your experience could be better than mine was. i wish you luck feeling better

Closed Thread