It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 11:49 PM   #1

linesman HB User
Unhappy I am numb....

Hi

OCD / Anxiety over the years has absolutely wiped me out, I am so emtionless compared to what I used to be, its scary. I have spent so much time worrying and obsessing that I don't have the energy for feel good emotions....

How has it affected your relationsips, as for me I am always thinking i could do better, I am not sure if this just a real worry or is it my OCD. I love my girlfriend so much, but I have been a total arse to her.... How much is it me and how much is my OCD ? I got drunk and done something stupid, now i am so guilty and have massive what ifs ?? Its eating me up !

I am so confused, its flaring up big time at the moment, I started a very minor pattern of handwashing as well, I had this when I was in my teens, I am 27 now and I am not sure i ould handle it coming back...

My rituals aren't that bad and certainly don't have a major impact on my life, but I so worried that they are gonna snowball and start taking over........

cheers for listening...

Old 10-04-2004, 05:43 PM   #2

socd HB User
Re: I am numb....

Feeling completly overwhelmed and exhausted by OCD, I know the feeling well. If you think you might have OCD then go try and get help. It often helps me to just remind myself that my obsessive thoughts are just thoughts. No matter what you are afraid of happening, just remember that in all likelyhood, no harm will come to you. Thoughts are just thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread