It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #1

ajie HB User
is this OCD

hi all, i've been having a problem for the past 5 years which i haven't been able to shake no matter how hard i try. it stems from the fact that i missed the last semester of normal high school, and went to an alternative school where you only went to school once a few weeks to turn in work. anyhow i didn't attend the graduation ceremony and received my diploma in the mail. my first year at college i was unable to complete any work because i was obsessed with this problem and i dropped out. because i talked about it so much it was arranged for me to attend my alternative school's graduation ceremony one year later (which was silly because i was really a member of the previous year's graduating class, and i had already gone to college). anyhow, this has seemed to make matters worse. instead of just having to think about the last semester and stuff, now i have to think about that AND the ceremony one whole year later!

an example of how this affects me is as follows: i might be driving down the street in a car through a nice business park. i will notice the niceness of the park: the quietness, neat streets, private buildings, but then it will bother me because i'm not able to mentally comprehend it, or enjoy it, the right way. this was the exact problem i had in college, like it was a totally different atmosphere than high school, but i just couldn't take it in the way i was supposed to and because of that i would just shut down. it has to do with the environment being totally different but because i didn't do something before, i'm not ready to enjoy this environment. i don't know if this is explaining it right and i'm not even sure if anyone has been through anything remotely close to this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 04:39 AM   #2

sensitivity HB User
Re: is this OCD

Hi, there,
I am not sure if it is OCD -- I don't even know if *I* have OCD..... I do think that you will start to feel better if you speak to someone about your problems. I go to a therapist and it seems to help. If you are not ready to try a professional, maybe you could start out by speaking with a trusted friend or family member.
Take care!
S

Closed Thread