It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

kingam HB User
Obsessive Behavior...

Hey guys... Little background... About a year ago, my OCD took a serious turn for the worse... Bouts with hypochondrosis, ****, across the board...

well recently i met a girl... shes cool... but i obsess on her "getting sick of me"... like this weekend i havent heard from her, and all this stuff is going through my head... was it something i said? am i just not interesting? meanwhile, its only been a week and a half, so of course why should she HAVE to call me... i know its rediculous, but im sick to my stomach worrying i did something wrong...

the other day, she said she had a canker sore in her mouth, and now im scared i gave her something (ive never had any STDs, just my OCD at work)... so maybe shes not calling me because of that... i cant take it... im just sitting here, waiting for the phone to ring like an idiot...

i was NEVER this way until my OCD sparked up... this is the first girl ive met since then that i actually care what she thinks of me, and this is how its going... anyone else ever get this?

Old 01-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
(male)

dgold HB User
Re: Obsessive Behavior...

well... when it comes to dating all I can say is expect nothing. the less expectations you have the better of you will be. Chances are if you have not heard from here in a week and half I would move on. You will eventually find the right one. Just patience.
Dont mean to be rude but as soon as you put the other partner at a higher plane than yourself the relationship is doomed or she will take advantage of you or vise versa.
Yes you might have some OCD obsessional behavor. I dont think you do any ritualizing so you might not have any compulsions but you might just have the obsessional form only.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
(male)

dgold HB User

yes you might have more hypochondia than OCD unless you ritualize to realive your anxiety. You might just need to improve your social skills better that will help with dating more. I am no expert on dating lol .. so dont listen to me lol.

Finally, you probably just lack self-estem like alot of people do including myself.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

i agree its a self esteem thing... and i have OCD in a lot of various areas, so part of my problem is i try to put the OCD label on any anxiety that i have...

i have good social skills, problem is, i read into everything... i replay conversations in my head... try to piece together "proof" that she either is or isnt interested (in my own estimation of course)...

but yes. expect nothing is actually great advice... right on...

i agree that you cant put someone on a higher plane, and i havent done that... i havent called her over and over or anything... its just something i internalize... annoying.

thansk for the comments.

Old 01-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #5
(male)

worrywort91 HB User

I think it's your self esteem man. I myself once thought that I had an std for a few years, and it was rough. made me think I was vile human being. I've only had one sort of girlfriend, yet we broke up, and I still stupidly obsessed over getting her back for a year and a half cause I cared more about whether or not she was happy instead of myself. The point is, don't obsess over this girl, you just gotta think that their are many more women out there, and you know you didn't give her an std, so that's not whats wrong.. BE happy, thse people know what they are talking about totally, they helped me realize i need to have more confidence and they can help you too.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #6
(male)

kingam HB User

thanks guys.. well it ends up there was something up... she emailed me this morning saying that an ex boyfriend called her this weekend and shes "confused"... i told her "see ya"... i hate that drama stuff... see, i guess my intuition was correct this time... lol... oh well...

i think what got me was that "not knowing" period... where you dont know who is thinking what... now that i know, im not necissarily broken up about it... life goes on...

at least i know i didnt give her an STD... silly isnt it? oh well.. just another day for OCD...

Closed Thread