It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User
Can't believe this!

I had wrote Dr. Phil about doing a show on OCD and this is an e-mail I got back along with a phone call.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your OCD. I know this is a really sensitive issue for you, and I was really touched by your letter. We are currently putting together a show where Dr. Phil will be providing advice for families affected by OCD. If you're really interested in being considered, I would need to receive your picture and hear back from you within the next day or as soon as you are able to send it.

Please send me a recent (within the last 2 months) photo of yourself. JPG format works best for my computer. Or you may cut and paste it into the body of an e-mail, or attach it as a file.

Please take a minute to answer these questions:
- Could you list any behaviors/routines and please tell me how frequently you do them? (Such washing hands, daily routines, organizing your house, etc...)
- What questions do you have for Dr. Phil?
- Do you feel your OCD causes you/your family to miss out on certain opportunities to lead an every day life? Please explain.

Last, I'd like to have all of your contact numbers: cell, work, home and a good time to reach you and your spouse.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon!
Sarah Gebeke
Associate Producer
Dr. Phil
Just wanted to share this with all of you. My ocd along with the derealization will keep me from going but I told them I would talk with them at my home. But more importantly maybe there is going to be some light shed on this subject for all of us!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Can't believe this!

I think it's very brave of you to offer to help others. Its not easy for people with OCD and some are even embarrased having it. Maybe having an episode on Dr.Phil since he is so popular will reach alot of sufferers. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User

I don't know if they will let me share my story from my home or not because I know I can't travel. I'm just excited that Dr. Phil's going to atleast talk about OCD.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
(female)

phobic HB User

WoW!!!!!!!! that's amazing!! While i was reading your post, i was wondeirng,,,,how in the heck will she pull it off?? lol too scarry when ya add sa along with the rest huh. Well, this is gonna be neat so let us know....Thanks for your courage!!

Old 02-11-2005, 03:14 AM   #5
(female)

sjd1654 HB User

I Love Dr. Phil! I could be on his show! That would be great!

Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
(female)

sculpture HB User

That's great but why are THEY "obsessed" about receiving a picture of you for the show??

Old 02-15-2005, 05:03 AM   #7
(male)

davros HB User

I think the less thats said about "Dr" Phil the better... but its good that something like this will get a wide audience. OCDs are often really negatively portrayed, and hopefully this show will work to the benefit of sufferers.

Closed Thread