It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

Eve_8 HB User
Obsessive Worrying

I have been worrying constantly and obsessively for the past year. I always need to be worried about something, even if it's not something worth worrying about and when something bad does happen forget about it. I become depressed and worry that the worst will come of it to the point of being ridiculous. Let me give you an example...I received a traffic ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign. The officer told me if I come to court he will talk to me about receiving no points on my licence b/c I have never gotten a ticket or points in my 11 years of driving. Now to most this would be good news right? Well instead I am fixated on the court docket area that says failure to show up for court means a warrant may be issued for my arrest. Now I have every intention of showing up for court, I am the one who requested the court date. But I can't stop worrying that something will go wrong and i'll have the wrong date, or my car will break down and i'll be arrested for not showing up. My family tells me i'm being ridiculous and deep down I know that I am. But I cannot stop worrying and I know that if I do stop worrying about this I will just replace it with another worry anyway. I feel like if I stop worrying than something terrible will happen. Can anyone else relate or offer advice? I just would like to talk to other people who understand.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eve_8 For This Useful Post:
breezy0806 (04-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Re: Obsessive Worrying

Well, I am an obsessive worrier too. It just goes on and on, and if its not one worry its another. Its like I jump around to worry after worry. It is something I am getting use to. Can you believe that? Well for the longest time I thought this must be a normal thing, and then the worrying became obsessing over the littlest things. I will obsessive over one thing for a long time and then somehow come to terms with it, or not. Then jump around to a totally new thing. Its so weird being like this, I am accepting that now its not so normal at all. Especially since I keep running into the same cycles and same problems. I am not the easiest person to get along with, and when I am it seems very short lived. That sucks, I feel as if all of my relationships suffer just a little because of the intrusive obsessive thoughts that pass through my mind almost like a hundred miles an hour, and just am fed up already. Getting back on Lexapro will be good for me, and it has worked for anxiety well too. Good luck with everything, and remember these boards are here for people just like you and me that need to reach out and learn and as well get some consolation that no one really ever is alone with this.
Hugs,
Woodfaery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread