It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

Lonely123A HB User
Is This OCD ????

I wonder if the things I do is OCD ?? For example, I don't like anyone to do things for me like, laundry, dishes, Sweeping the floor (carpet) and stuff like that, It bothers me if they don't do it the way that I do it, It makes me go back and redo it.... example laundry if it is not folded properly or on the right color hanger, or hanging the right way on the hanger, then i have to redo it.... The dishwasher has a certain way that it is loaded to save space and it drives me crazy to have someone load it WRONG (in my opinion). Its almost like noone else in my opinion knows how to do things the RIGHT WAY (my way) so I wonder if this is OCD ???
It drives me crazy, but I can't help it. Also I have a problem with dry skin on my hands and I constantly pick at the dry skin, especially on my thumbs, they look horrible.............. if anyone else has anything similar, please respond, so i don't think i am just crazy............. Thanks

Last edited by Lonely123A; 04-24-2005 at 09:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
(female)

fake_plastic HB User
Re: Is This OCD ????

I'm not exactly sure if that's ocd....but I have the exact same problem with the dry skin on my hands. I bite it, pick at it, cut it off....and not just on my fingers, my feet as well and anywhere else where I can find dry skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #3

Blue102 HB User

Yup, I pick at my skin too...it's called dermatillomania, and it's an OCD spectrum disorder...yeah, it sounds like you have a little OCD. It's OK, a lot of people do, I think.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
(female)

Lonely123A HB User

BLue,
Thank you, at least now i know what it is and can look up info on it.
The only thing that I pick at is my dry skin on my hands and feet, sometimes it gets really sore and bleed..... Its pitiful, I tried covering it with neosporan and band-aids, but all that does is make me pick at the band-aids and then when I take them off my skin is really soft and easier to pick at.
Thanks for you info. Take care

Old 04-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
(female)

Ellecram HB User

Yes - I have bandaids on my fingers all the time - absolutely frustrating that I cannot stop it. I actually have strategically placed little boxes of "picking implements" stashed all around the house!

Old 04-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
(female)

Lonely123A HB User

Ellecram,
Funny that you say that about the "picking implements" because in my purse I have a pair of finger nail clippers and on my desk I have a pair of cuticle snippers, so that when the picking gets too bad and it starts to bleed, i have something to sever the skin so it doesn't get worse..... I don't know about you , but it drives me crazy, yet i subconsciously do it.............. take care and thanks for your imput.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #7

Blue102 HB User

When I was little, my dad used to carry a pocket-knife and he picked at himself with it. I was playing with the knife one day and he said, "You know I use that to pick at my skin." EWWWWWW!

Old 04-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
(female)

Lonely123A HB User

I know it is EEEWWWWWWWW, but i can't help it, I do it and don't even realize... But I notice when I am stressed out i tend to pick at it worse. Trust me I am not one of those that gets pleasure or a release out of it, It just gets to driving me crazy when i have a hang nail or something, i need to not pull on it and just cut it off.
I know that I have ADHD, but wasn't sure if these symptoms were OCD, thats why I posted this thread.... thanks for your imput take care

Closed Thread