It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
just a positive note

well i suffered from ocd all my life but the last yr or so was BAD!!! i obssessed about my health every minute if the day. i have a big fear of throwing up and most of my days were spent worrying if i would vomit that day and i was worried i would have to have operations and so on, this got worse with my daily life as i think my brain would try to shut these thoughts off once in a while to rest but then the typical ocd would kick in. i would count all the time and relay things that happened over and over that day even though i knew what had happened and what the outcome was. so my brain went into complete obssesive thoughts. i just wanted to say that before if my ocd were a 1 on a scale 1 being the worst my ocd is now "cured" at about a 9!! simply with the help of medication, celexa!! yes i still have my moments that lasts about 5 minutes not 12 hours!! i do worry about the health stuff too but only in very small amounts and i never obsess about it! i felt that there was no help for me and that other meds i tried my horrible to live with but this one really helped and without it i wouldnt be were i am today! there are such good methods of help out there and this isnt something u should have to live with!! trust me...i know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 07:56 PM   #2

socd HB User
Re: just a positive note

Yeah I'm on celexa too. That combined with theropy has really helped my ocd to the point where its manageable and I don't worry about it too much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
(male)

TakeThatOCD HB User

Yes, I am also on Celexa and for now I have responded alot better than the previous medications and while you are right I still have the thoughts they seem to be a bit more manageable (at least for now) than on other meds. I have only been on Celexa for about a month so I am not sure if it will get better or how long it takes for it to take full effect. What worked for you? My doctor started me out at 10mg then we went to 20mg and a couple weeks ago he boosted the level up to 40mg. How long did it take before you noticed the effects?

Old 05-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

a little late on posting but.... i started on 20 mg then went up to 40 as i noticed one day after taking it for about 5 months the thoughts were coming back that was a while ago though and i also noticed no side effects when i upped the dose. also can i give u advice? if u are on 20mg, im not sure where you live but in canada the pharm. would give me 40mg tabs and i would break them in half and it would last me twice as long for the same price!!! it was a huge financial diff for me! so if u can ask the pharm for 40mg pills if u have a prescription for 30 pills they will give u 15 of the 40mg dose, anyways i noticed within about a week the difference it made!! but the side effects which werent too bad kind of outweighed the diff i was feeling at first. also when and if u do decide to stop taking it please please i cant stress enough, come here and ask for advice on how to reduce ur doseage because i stopped cold turkey a few yrs back and it was the worse hell ive ever suffered!! dont mean to scare u but it took me about 2 months to gradually stop them. only to have to go on them a yr later!

Closed Thread