It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

hope67 HB User
Please read

Did anyone's ocd get worse around the holidays? Mine did. Does anyone here ever develop new fears in addition to the ones they already worry about it? For example, if you have contamination fears but then harming fears suddenly come on out of no where. Also, does anyone, and I really need to know the answer to this one, does anyone here ever "believe" there thoughts. I have terrible OCD throughts, but I can't seem to rationalize that they are just thoughts. I believe I'm actually doing the things that i worry about. The doctors keep telling me, its severe OCD, but I don't have anyone outside of doctrs to talk to that can understand this. I've lost many friends because of how much I've changed since I developed this (six years ago). I'm officially not a fun person anymore. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

frosty4 HB User
Re: Please read

Holiday stress can cause the OCD to worsen. All things you mentioned sound very normal for OCD! My ocd also changes around. Just recognize the thought at put it aside (I know its hard) and try to refocus on something else) YOu can get better- keep working with your doctor and keep busy! As I always metion I recommend reading the book Brain Lock- It will explain everything! As for your friends- if they are your real friends they will understand you have a disorder! FInd ones who care- they are out there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

hope67 HB User

Thank you frosty. I have a few books on OCD that have been helpful including brain lock. I just wish I would have faith in what I'm reading and believe that this is OCD instead of believing that something psychotic is going on with me and all the doctors are just missing it and misdiagnosing with OCD. I wonder if other people with OCD think they are being misdiagnosed too. It just seems that most people with OCD realize that they have OCD but I keep doubting that is what I have which just makes me feel worse. Anyway, thank you again.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
(female)

frosty4 HB User

I do that also.................Ahhhhhh. We have to stop the doubt cycle and thats the hard part!

Closed Thread